Thread: Cat Genie?

Cat Genie?

http://www.catgenie.com/

Does anyone here have one of these or know anyone who does? My neighbor has one and brags on it all the time so I went over the other day so she could show me a demo of how it works. I was SO impressed with it.

She has a old cat, I think he is 13 or 14 years old and it took awhile to get him use to it but now he is and she is so pleased with it. It cleans and washed itself out and it smells so good.. the only thing is that it is so big that I don't know if I have a place to put it and it does have to have a water source and drainage which shouldn't be to big a problem to install.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Looks pretty neat.
    I don't have room in a bathroom or my laundry room for one... my laundry room is also my pantry and I can't have a litter box in there; it would gross me out! LOL

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

The lady who adopted Moxie and Decker's siblings from me (Twinks and Pops) had one and she wasn't that impressed with it. She bought it when they first came out and spent several hundred dollars on it and just said it was more trouble than it was worth and it scared a couple of her cats. I don't know any more than that because she changed jobs so Richard lost touch with her.

From Decker with Love

Looks neat. But I also have no place for it to fit in my house.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

IF I HADA FEW CATS , I WOULD TRY THAT OUT, BIT WITH TEN CATS I AM NOT SURE HOW GOOD THAT WOULD BE!!!!
    I THINK THAT THEY WOULD WEAR IT OUT!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Y'know, maybe for one or two cats, but 7? I'm not so sure. I think I'd need at least 3 of them and that just isn't practical. I'm also wondering if some of the litter escapes and gets flushed away, too. I have a septic tank and sure don't need the grief of having a backed up septic. If I had only one cat, though, I might be tempted to give it a try.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I like the eco friendly feature, because we always worry about all the litter that we throw away. But with five cats, we would need two or three units, and this might take two much space like Mary said. I also wonder how does one retrain several cats to use a new system like this, without stressing them out etc...
    Marina

I don't have room for it either. The other thing that worries me about it is how I'd keep an eye on what my senior kitty-zen is putting out (or not) if I'm not cleaning the pan.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

The crystals are safe for septic systems my neighbor tells me..

With 4 cats I worried 1 would not be enough but then I got to thinking of the 5 boxes I have in the house, 3 of them, they never use. Boo will only use the uncovered box and the rest use that ONE box! (GO FIGURE )... and that is the one I set up for Amy ONLY!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!