Thread: Happy gotcha day Jasper!!

Happy gotcha day Jasper!!

Today marks two years since I went to the shelter and found my heart-dog. I'd been waiting a long time to find the right dog, and I'd had a few false alarms before finding him. I went to the shelter looking for a small mellow (HA!) senior dog to share my small apartment. I actually passed Jasper right by and knelt down to say hello to a senior maltese boy in the kennel next to his.

Jasper knew, though. He picked up the toy in his kennel and threw it at me. It hit the bark right at the level of my face, and when I looked over he gave me a look that said "well? Are we going home now?" I went to talk to the shelter staff and was informed that they were closing (it was a Sunday, and they close early) and they weren't open the next day so I would have to come back on Tuesday. 0_0 I left, I cried....I spent the next day pacing around irritably.

Tuesday morning, I went down to the shelter again. I signed in at the desk, and when it was my turn to meet the dog I was interested in, I told the shelter volunteer which dog I wanted and she said "OH! The yo-yo!" What? We wandered to his kennel and when he saw her with the leash he started to bounce bounce bounce really high! We went into the shelter's "introduction" room and Jasper jumped into my lap. That was it. I was sunk. He came home with me a few minutes later and neither of us have looked back.

Here's the picture the shelter had of him on their website:

He was kinda thin at first, but e had this CRAZY mohawk running down his back!

He has always been great with kitties. He loves them, and despite being VERY energetic most of the time, he gentles himself down for even the teeniest feline.

He gets on well with my parents' dogs, too. And pretty much any dog!

I don't have any pictures from today yet, but here's one of him at the beach recently:

I ordered him a cake, though it's not going to be ready until later this afternoon. We'll probably hit the dog park, and I think I might give him his own bowl of cat food, just for today, since he always tried to steal it. Yesterday I went to a doggy boutique and bought him some fancy treats, including some biscuits wrapped in chicken jerky. He's definitely been enjoying them!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Happy birthday Jasper. Your such a cute little feller. I love every pic of you. You're very photogenic. Enjoy your cake and your first very own bowl of cat food you've always wanted.

Happy Gotcha Day, Dog Jasper!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Awww, what a great story of how Jasper chose you. All those pictures are great. I love the one that really shows off his mohawk. hee hee

Looking at that pic of him and Paizly makes me realize how big she is getting!!

Happy Gotcha Day Jasper!! I hope the kitties don't mind sharing their food with you.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Happy Gotcha Day, Jasper!
    I must admit, I am very fond of you. You seem like such a great, happy little guy, and I got a good laugh imagining you throwing the toy at your (future) owner in the shelter.

I hope you enjoy your cake and all the treats today!

Happy gotcha day, Jasper!! Looks like he`s having a wonderful day today. Loved the story and all the pictures, especially the recent one, love that smile. Have a great day, Jasper!
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY JASPER!!! I'm so glad that you got Cathy's attention and that you made her fall in love with you at the shelter. May you have many more happy and healthy years ahead of you.

Happy Gotcha Day!

----<---<--<{(@

Happy Gotcha Day, Jasper. Sounds like your Mom has a very special day planned for you sweetie. I am sure you are going to enjoy it. Now remember, Jasper, if the kitties share their food with you, you will need to share your cake with them.

Happy Gotcha Day Jasper !!!

I think you are such a cute boy, Jasper. I love the way those little pawsies turn out. I hope you had a great day !!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Happy Gotcha Day, Jasper. Your a cutie.

Niņo & Eliza

So Precious Boy? You gave mom a V8 bop on the head to get her attention, huh? Lucky for HER that you did, Mr Smartie Pants Yoyo! Happy Special Gotcha Day Sweetie! Smoochies for your too!

I've been Boooo'd!