78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

56 71.79%
  • No.

10 12.82%
  • Sometimes.

12 15.38%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you allow your pets to sleep in your bed?

Do you allow your pets to sleep in your bed?

Do you let your dogs or cats sleep in the bed with you?
    If so, do they get to sleep with you every night, or just sometimes?
    If not, why?

Alizé sleeps in the bed with me every night.. I probably wouldn't be able to sleep very well if she wasn't in bed with me.

I used to let my Boston sleep in the bed with me every night from the day we got him, but we got a cat in January and he snapped at her, so we had to buy him a kennel - He does well in the kennel. He whined the first 3 nights. Sometimes I'll let him come sleep with me, but he prefers his pillow on the floor.

Yes, Marta sleeps on the bed every night. I like having a dog to sleep with, and Marta is so good, she doesn't stir and wake us up, although she does occasionally hog the bed!

The other dogs would only wake us up and it would be too crowded. I've let the cats sleep on our bed at night but they wake me up too! They are all allowed on there when they want to be, except Marta is the only one sleeping there at night.

Alizé has been sleeping with me since she was about 6 weeks old. She never has woke up at night. She will sleep all night and usually doesn't wake up until I do. I just have to make sure we take her out to potty as soon as she does wake up.

I certainly do. :]

I always share my bed with Frisk. Sometimes Skylar joins me if his mum(my sister) stays up too late. My door is open, so the cats get to come and go as they please, but Khaith & Kayla are usually curled up on my bed somewhere.

Of course, Ethan always sleeps with mum. Even during the day he spends most of his time sleeping on her bed.

I hate crawling into bed without a dog there. I get cold really easy at night, so it is nice to have some extra warmth. Dogs(and cats, for that matter) are like portable heating units. =D
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

I said yes since he is allowed too, but most nights he sleeps on his own old chair. During the day he sleeps on my bed though. Oslo, of course, stays in his cage while unattended.

Nińo & Eliza

No never, this sin't the kind of dog that sleeps with a person, just beside the bed.

I prefere they sleep in my bed, though Happy and Electra usually sleep on the floor. they sometimes join me on my bed in the early morning before I get up though. Rusty and Misty always sleep on my bed...I cant get them off my bed, the floor turns into a spring when I try, toss dog off and *boing* dog springs back on lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Taz and Zoee sleep where ever they want. Zoee sleeps on the bed probably 80% of the time and Taz about 60%. During the summer Zoee likes to sleep on the floor, because it is hot. Which is just fine with us.
    Paizly sleeps in her room since we've only had her for two weeks. I imagine if she was able to roam the house at night she'd play and keep me awake. I have a bell on her collar since she is so small so we can find her easier. Once she is bigger and doesn't have to stay locked up I will more than likely remove the bell or the entire collar.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

No Duke does not sleep on my bed. Hubby does not like dogs in the bed, and besides, I wouldnt have enough room with my big ol' hound dog in bed with me! lOL!! But duke has a very nice bed I made for him out of a Crib mattress that he just loves anyways.
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Yes,
    I share my bed with 120 lbs of dog
    70 lb bassador
    50 lb blue mix

They are bed hogs but I don't mind. Since I am single, they are better than any electric blanket in winter. I have also learned not to feed them leftover pinto beans or cabbage before bedtime. I really hate it when they go out the dog door in the middle of the night, get wet and cold, then snuggle up to me to get warm and dry. Talk about a rude awakening.

When I used to live out in the country, my dog once stole from my neighbor's garden in the middle of the night and I woke up with a giant squash on my back.

Sunny just started sleeping in bed. I actually think she prefers being in the crate (she likes a cool surface) but my cat took over the basement and that's where her crate is kept. We may get another crate and put it in the bedroom but for now, she's in the bed and not too much of a bed hog but she sure rolls and stretches a lot.

Not only do my cats sleep on my bed, but sometimes I'll have as many as 3 of them UNDER my covers with me.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

I think the question should be, do your pets allow you to sleep in your bed. That's the way it is in my house.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Now my dogs are outdoors only.. But the indoor kitties always take over my bed.. Would not have it any other way..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>