Thread: BC vs. Aussie

Hybrid View

Here are a few more pics.... Her ears are prick, even though the pics don't show it, they are.... though I've seen purebred Aussies like that too.. so not that, that really means to much...lol

Her body screams Aussie to me, no tail and all... though sometimes when I look at her head on, ears up... I see a BC face... lol

Oh.. here is the newest addition my friends have.. this one is a BC..lol

She was supposed to be her moms new dog... a rescue BC... her mom thought she was going to get one behaved liked the one above... even though I warned her the above dog didn't act like a BC or Aussie... WAY WAY to mellow.. she didn't listen... this new one trashed the house within the first couple weeks because they couldn't give her enough exercise (live in town with a small fenced yard) and now lives with my friend cause her mom couldn't handle her... I THINK she is going to be starting Flyball soon...
    If you're gonna breed Collies, don't you forget to breed in the brains and common sense. Without that you won't have a Collie, you'll have just another dog.

I've Been BOO'd!!

Wow those are subtle LOL! Okay, then, so I'm not an idiot.

Yeah, give me a sighthound any day and I can help you ID it, but these working aussie/bc's are so difficult to differentiate.

One of our therapy dog folks has an aussie w/ tail and I swear I would not be able to tell the difference between that dog and a working merle BC. I'd have to sit down and really stare at it!

ok, she looks more BCish in those pics, but its just her head, the rest of her:coat,body, legs..still looks Aussie lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils