I just had the dogs out for their first potty of the morning. I noticed Bella back by the shed sort of pawing at something and then biting at it. I sneakily went down to where she was and she was very busy with what she was doing and didn't notice me coming. When she moved her head away I could see the small body of what I think was a mouse. It didn't have any hair so maybe it could have been a chipmunk. The minute she saw me she picked it up and ran. Here I am racing around the yard in my bathrobe yelling "drop it!" She vanished out of my sight around the back of the shed and began running up to the house. I thought 'good, I will get it out of her mouth by offering her a treat.' That worked before when she had caught a very large bird. Well, by the time she got up on the deck the mouse was gone ... in her tummy! ACK!

My question is, can this make her sick? Especially since it is a rodent? She did eat a baby bird once and was none the worst for it. GAG! It will be a long time before I enjoy her kisses again. Maybe I can teach her to gargle with mouthwash!