Thread: NEW laptops <$300

NEW laptops <$300

If my 3 MO Toshiba doesn't quit acting like a jackass, I'll throw it down the hill & try one of these! http://www.pcworld.com/shopping/deta...8/pricing.html

Well, can you tell what is going wrong with your laptop?

So far, the AC/DC adapter croaked (I think it was a lemon; it had always screeched like a turbo), and they twice refused to replace it. I ended up going to ebay and getting one in 2 days, when Toshiba couldn't get one here in 2 weeks (and still hasn't). I can't wait to see what this rag churns up next...

I got my paws on 1 of these little buggers to play with. If you get one, note: modems are NOT standard!!!! Needless to say, it has to go back. It also didn't come with a battery, although that would be an easy fix at eBay. Luckily I got an open-box one from Warehouse Deals, a subsidiary of Amazon, so returns are super easy.

With all that said:
    It's TEENY TINY!!! I could easily pick the whole thing up with 1 hand, even in the shipping boxes. Of course, a battery would add notably more weight.

Included are such tools as calculator; dictionary; spreadsheets; Paint; Media Player; music, photo, and video managers; 7 games (including sudoku!); and built-in anti-virus.

Included learning aids are periodic table; planetarium; games for learning English and spelling; and fraction, geometry, and function/graph tutors.

I was wrong--it DID come with a battery. It was packaged separately, and I was wallowing on it.