Thread: TX rescue closing--owner terminal--150 cats

TX rescue closing--owner terminal--150 cats

This is all I know at this point, but somebody is supposed to contact them.
    >> Date: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 8:44 AM>> forward re: closing of Cat's Cradle shelter.....>> Hello,>> We just found out yesterday that my Aunt Gail>> has lung cancer that has spread to her spine, pelvic bone,
    >> lymph nodes, and chest cavity area. Basically, it is not a>> good prognosis. As many of you know, she owns a cat rescue>> in Navasota , where she cares for 150 cats. She is>> desperately trying to find these cats a good home as
    >> quickly as possible. They have all been spayed / neutered>> and current on shots. Please forward this to everyone you>> know, and maybe we can help her in this difficult time.>>
    >> Gail Allen>> Kats Cradle>> 979-820-0599

Here's a webpage for them. http://www.thecatscradle.net/cats/special.htm

I just copied the message with a link to this thread, and sent it to [email protected]

What a situation! Bless Gail for helping all those wonderful cats - why something as horrid as cancer should happen to an angel like that, I don't know.

I pray that she is comfortable and pain free and will know her babies have loving places to go before she passes on.

The auto-responder from BF just came in, so at least they have the message.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thanks Catty!
    More info & pics, if this works: (guess the pics didn't work, so I took out the holes)

The Cats Cradle is a great rescue owned and operated by Gail Allen of Navasota, Texas. She houses, fosters, and has provided haven and care to abandoned cats left on the sides of roads and as well as kitties surrendered by their owners.

Sadly, Gail was diagnosed with lung cancer and because of her health issues, she can no longer continue her rescue work. Currently she has 50 very adoptable adult cats that have received top notch care ever since each they came to the Cradle. They are all spayed/neutered, up to date on all their shots.

Gail needs to find homes for these highly socialized cats as soon as possible. Gail has staff nannies whose only job is to come to the Cats Cradle and love on them. Volunteers at Cat's Cradles are working hard to place these kitties and Best Friends is contacting you in hopes that you can help as well.

Santana and Merlin are just three of the remarkably beautiful cats that are seeking a human and a home to call their own! You can meet more of the Cat's Cradle's kitties by going to this link: http://www.thecatscradle.net/cats/cats03.htm

Gail would love to talk to you about any and all of the kitties and you can reach her at: 979-820-0599.

You can also help gal and her feline friends by passing on this message to your personal network. Gail, Cat's Cradle and all the kitties thank you for anything you can do on their behalf.