Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please keep me in your thoughts

Please keep me in your thoughts

or prayers (whichever you do )!!

I just got back from the doctors office, and guess what......I have Shingles!
    My back has been hurting now for about 2 1/2 wks. I finally broke down and went last Thursday. He did an alignment on me & said I should be fine. I felt better.......but the next day...BAM!!!!!! It hurt so much I couldn't stand it. I thought well, it gets worse before it gets better. So I kept doing my excersises and I started to hurt in new places, not just the spot in my back that was in pain before. And I started getting what looked like a rash on my back. I thought I had just left the heating pad or the ice pack on too long & got a burn, no big deal.
    Well, over this last weekend (Sun & Mon the most painful days, besides today) it hurt worse & worse. I couldn't sleep but maybe 4 hours without being woke up by my pain. And there was absolutely nothing that I did or took that would get rid of it (the pain).
    For some reason, don't know exactly why, I thought it might be shingles. I've never seen it, so I did some research. Most of what I read was me to a tee. But I never felt "sick". So I go in today & the nurse knew right away what was wrong. How could I know without knowing?
    And my bigest question...WHY ME? This usually only happens to people after the age of 50 & I'm only 36.
    Anyway, I've gotten some medication & pain pills (though they don't work GREAT, any relief is better than none!) so I should feel better soon (I hope )
    I just wanted you to be thinking of me, I know how it is when everyone gets together here, awesome stuff happens, and I need some of that right now!
    Sorry this is so long, I think the pills are starting to work, maybe I can take a nap & sleep some.
    Bye Bye
    Anna

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Anna
    Prayers are on the way! I know how constant pain can wear you down. Hope you have a nice nap and your med works to ease your pain.

Anna,

You will be in my thoughts. Just so you know...I had a friend in high school with shingles. My dad had them too when he was in his 30s.

I supposedly had them a few years ago, but the doctor was a bonehead and misdiagnosed it.

Good luck!!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Get Well Soon, Anna? How could you have gotten Shingles? I read up on it, and it sound painful

Fell better soon. I will be thinking of you.

Anna...I am so sorry to hear you have shingles. For some reason whenever anything is wrong we me I suspect shingles. Don't know why. I dated a guy who got shingles. I was in my early/mid 20's so I HOPE he wasn't in his fifites!

My thoughts are with you for a speedy recovery!

Prayers are on the way. My best friends grandfather had that a few months ago. I understand what you are going through and I pray for your health.

Did the doctor order you a nice hot oatmeal bath and oatmeal cream after you get out too? That always worked for my husband. Along with your antibiotics of course and pain meds!!!

I will pray for you to have a speedy recovery!

Poor thing...I will pray for a speedy recovery.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

<Opens Prayer Line> <Dials up God>

Hi, God!
    Cinder an Smokey; onna Prayer Line...

Mebbee we shuld be callin onna Kustomer Service Line?

Kuld wunna the Angelz have made a mistake an sent a load a shungulz to Miz Anna in error? She gotz sum shingulz put on her back - not onna roof.
    An her roof duzint leak!

Kuld we wrap em up an ship em back up ta Hevun?
    Possibly You kuld use em onna roofin job up there?

Thankz, God!
    We'z gonna be watin ta hear frum You.
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Anna, I was so sorry to read that you have shingles. Even though it is many years ago now, I still remember how painful it was for my Aunt Rose when she had them. Prayers and postive thoughts are on their way for relief from pain and a speedy recovery.

Oh how awful. I'll pray that they go away quickly. My friend's mother has had it twice (the second a mild case), but she said it is horrible. I feel for you.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Oh, poor Anna!! Shingles can be so painful! Sometimes even just a breeze can trigger a painful episode. Did you have chicken pox as a child? Often people who did not, have not developed an immunity to this nasty condition! I'm glad they said your case was mild. Take it easy, rest and take your pain medication. We'll take care of the praying! Lots of wishes to you Anna for a speedy recovery. {{{Hugs}}} Love, Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Praying for a quick recovery for you Anna.

Anna, I'm so sorry to hear about the shingles. Ugh, how horrible for you, but at least you've been diagnosed and are starting threatment. Can't get better without that. Hope the pain meds start doing their thing and you're feeling better soon.

Thoughts & prayers comin' your way!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Sweet Anna, we have all our heads bowed for you here!