Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My childhood plate

My childhood plate

I was going through a cupboard today and found a plate I ate from, as a child. I still love it, and I remember it very well and how cute I thought the kitties were.

I bet my parents got it for me to make me eat more.

Do you still have some of your childhood things too?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Oh Randi, that's so cute. They must have known that you would grow up to be a wonderful meowmie.

I don't have any plates but I do have a sterling silver cup (engraved with my name and birthdate) and a very small silver fork and spoon. Oh yes, and I also have my baby album that covers from birth to about 2 years old.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Oh, I do love that plate! I have a cat plate collection that I plan to display once my kitchen is finished. I would love to add that one to my collection.

Randi,

What a beautiful plate! My daughter found her plate, bowl and cup from when she was a baby. It's got a clown on it and is made of bone china. I thought I had left it behind when I moved after my divorce. I'm so glad her Dad kept it for her.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I have nothing from my childhood but several things from my son's childhood, although he has them all in his possession except for one thing: his Goofy spoon. I still have it and use it in my flour cannister. Every visit he jokingly claims he's going to throw it out. I told him I'd cut him out of the will if he does. That'll learn 'im!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I love that plate!!
    I do not have things like this because I am the youngest of three so by the time they got to me they were either broke or worn out.
    If there is anything, my mom probably still has it at the house.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I have my bright red tricycle which I used to ride and ride and ride...I probably put a 1,000 miles on that trike.
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

How cute!

My parents have a lot of my childhood things, but two things Ive kept with me through all of my moving around are a couple of stuffed dogs. One is a brown and white pound puppy I named Bertrum and another is a blue hound dog named aptly...Blue lol. I still keep them on my bed too
    Blue I got when I was around 3 or 4 and Bertrum Ive had since about 5. Somewhere in my things here I have a stuffed dog Ive had since birth.
    Am I stuffed animal obsessed much?

I had a special plate with a baby chick on it, but my little sister dropped it and broke it, I saved the piece with the chick on it for a while but I think I threw it away eventually. I still have my baby blankets and some stuffed animals.

Niņo & Eliza

Oh Randi, that's cute!! What a great memory!

I also used to have a plate with animals on it (I think it were kitties, if I remember correctly). They were always a great motivation to eat my meals; I was a bad eater as a kid (which is hard to imagine these days! LOL).

Kirsten

I love your plate!!!

I have the first book my parents ever bought me. It is a Golden Book called "Katie, the Kitten". I was only a few months old. No wonder I love kitties so much!!!

I also have two dolls that my Mom made clothes for. I have all the clothes she made for them too. And their wooden doll high chair.

And a plastic pitcher we used to drink orange juice out of. It is in the shape of a little sheriff. We called him "Two Gun Tiny". His hat came off to put the juice in and you poured the juice out of his gun. This was from the day and age of the Westerns on tv: Roy Rogers and Gene Autrey and the Lone Ranger!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by DJFyrewolf36 View Post
    One is a brown and white pound puppy I named Bertrum and another is a blue hound dog named aptly...Blue lol. I still keep them on my bed too
    Blue I got when I was around 3 or 4 and Bertrum Ive had since about 5. Somewhere in my things here I have a stuffed dog Ive had since birth.
    Am I stuffed animal obsessed much?

Oh, that brings back memories of my little black stuffed dog...I slept with this little black dog every night.....wore the fuzz right off of him....I think he is in protective wrapping...(tissue paper) at my parents' house...I remember I was stuffed animal obsessed, too....My mother would come in to tell me good night, and she couldn't find me in the bed because of all of the "friends" I had in there, too!!!
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

That is awesome that you have such a great memory! Especially since it has adorable kittens on it!

I have many things from my childhood as I am only 15 xD. I have a stuffed Figaro cat from Disney World, my first trip there, when I was 4. I've had it for about 11 years. It's pretty beat up though. I have a pinky bear, named Grace, my middle name, from when I was born. My Dad bought it the day before I was born. It's the softest bear ever!! I have a few bowling trophies and medals from when I was on a bowling league. I can list them all day..

I'm sure there's stuff around Dad's house, but I still have MY bear. Sure, he's a little worse for wear, and one leg is longer than the other, and one ear is kinda sideways, but he's been my friend my WHOLE life - made for me by my Aunt Dottie, and while he may not be beautiful to anyone else, he is to me.

I will refrain from posting his picture, as I have been told by others (gently) that he's kinda scary-looking nowadays.

I also have the Winnie the Pooh books that were handed down to me from my big sister.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I will refrain from posting his picture, as I have been told by others (gently) that he's kinda scary-looking nowadays.

Karen that was extremely funny to me.