Thread: Meet Blivet. :)

Meet Blivet. :)

Hi everyone! I haven't posted on this side for awhile. My future hubby got me a gift a few months back....of a Rosy Boa! I'd been on the lookout for one for some time, but they're not always the easiest snakes to find, which I think is nuts since they're pretty much ideal IMO. He's full grown at about two feet long, and very gentle.

The reason I hadn't posted him sooner was because I wasn't sure he was ever going to eat for me! 0_0 After four months without eating (!!) I finally offered him a pinky mouse instead of the larger mice I had been offering, and he ate it! (frozen/thawed of course, no live mice here!) I'm SO relieved, and here he is!

This is how he sleeps....sideways, pressed up against the glass. Not IN his cave, no....that would make too much sense, I suppose.

Here's a clearer picture of his colors, he's almost blue-grey with lovely orange stripes. I think he's quite handsome!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

I agree, he is very handesome! I love his color - I don`t know too much about snakes so I`ve never seen one with a color like that. What a great present, definitely beats flowers and chocolate.
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

Quote Originally Posted by FloppsyLadySally89 View Post
    What a great present, definitely beats flowers and chocolate.
    Yes indeed! Blivet was partly kind of an apology that FH can't afford my dream ring yet (because his silly job is giving him less than ten hours a week!!! ) so I've been calling him my "engagement boa".

Thank you Wolf_Q!

If he's anything like our rainbow boa, smaller food than he should have will be eaten, larger NOT. Our boa is a lazy feeder and doesn't like to extend herself. It took us 3 months to get her to finally eat, that was about 6 years ago. Glad you got him to eat, he's really pretty.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Finally!! There's the pictures of this handsome guy!! Maybe the color on my computer is off, but since I've seen him in person I know how beautiful his colors actually are. He has blue on him, which I cannot see in the pix.

Here is your official WELCOME to PT Blivet!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by CathyBogart View Post
    Yes indeed! Blivet was partly kind of an apology that FH can't afford my dream ring yet (because his silly job is giving him less than ten hours a week!!! ) so I've been calling him my "engagement boa".
    Aw, he's lovely! I would take him over a diamond any day.

Zimbabwe 07/13

Blivet is adorable!! Congratulations!! I'll approve that as better then a ring

He is gorgeous! I much rather have a snake than a silly ring.

Niņo & Eliza

Alright, Cathy, I'm going to show my snake-ignorance here... how do you tell when he's asleep? They don't have eyelids, do they?

Regardless, he's very neat - I've never seen nor heard of them before. I admit to thinking that he'd be more pink (rosy boa) but he's very unique and very pretty. Good luck with the feeding - hopefully it's all down here from here!

ETA
    Engagement Boa... I love that phrase!

Congratulations for the new addition.

by the way, I didn't realise a snake can fast that long

thanks k9krazee for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by zippy-kat View Post
    Alright, Cathy, I'm going to show my snake-ignorance here... how do you tell when he's asleep? They don't have eyelids, do they?
    I pretty much assume he's asleep when he's been in one spot for more than an hour or so. For the most part, he's a pretty active little one, so he's not still a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by zippy-kat View Post
    Regardless, he's very neat - I've never seen nor heard of them before. I admit to thinking that he'd be more pink (rosy boa) but he's very unique and very pretty. Good luck with the feeding - hopefully it's all down here from here!

ETA
    Engagement Boa... I love that phrase!
    Rosies com in a lot of different colors, and a lot of them ARE a lot pinker than Blivet...Check this one out!

BTW, I totally agree that he's much better than some shiny rock.

I had been hunting off and on for a rosy boa online and at a few of the reptile-oriented pet stores nearby, but I completely forgot about one of the stores until I went in one day to pick up something for my sister in law, and there he was!

vinjashira: adult snakes can go some time without feeding, but he really really had me frantic, and he was just beginning to lose weight, so if this hadn't succeeded we were going to be off to see the vet for suggestions.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Blivet looks spectacular!
    And I will be another to agree that I would much prefer a snake over a ring. ;]

Congratulations!
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}