Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Papa passed away last night... =*(

Papa passed away last night... =*(

Hello everyone..

I had to.. take some time, then now I can post this.... so, yeah.. to take it all in and realize that this really happened. I'm actually alright for the most part. It was expected.. he was dying.. slowly, and I just did NOT think it would happen NOW rather than later, but you know what.. he was suffering for the most part. I thank God that he was able to rest easy and pass away in his sleep last night at 1:25AM. My mom said that Papa said he was ready and if he COULD NOT be where he was 6 months ago, then he was ready..

I just think it was just.. wow, I hate the 4th of July weekend. I really do. My grandmother passed away on the 3rd.. and my brother's HS grad party was LAST NIGHT, and you know, I just think my grandpa waited until the right moment and left this world.

My mom and uncle went over to the hospital to see him last night, and you know, my uncle got arrested, got a DUI, and he was driving both of them. The cop was so HEARTLESS. I don't care, if I was there, I would've *(#U$(*#$# punched him. I'm sorry. My mom was crying and they both were saying that their dad was dying.. and the cops were like, "So what, can't do anything about it..." and they wanted to be there before he did. Such a.. you know, I will shut my mouth over this issue. My mom made it there but my uncle was put in a toll booth... and missed that moment. He couldn't even say goodbye. So he has this huge guilt over that.

I was thinking about going to see him this morning, but, I realized.. I did not want to.. and I'm glad I didn't. The last time I saw him was on Father's Day and he was happy to be around everyone. That was what I wanted to remember him by, laughing and smiling, and he was doing so great, then after that it was just.. going downhill. I don't know, I'm still angry but so upset at the same time that it couldn't been prevented. I don't know. It all started with an infection but I guess that was God's plan all the way to bring him home.

I was at Mike's for the night, and at that same time, I started crying so hard, because I just got a feeling but I didn't want to call home and to see if Papa was still OK, so, I did not find out until this morning when Mike brought me home. Mike is wonderful, he's been with me quite a bit over the weekend. He just recently left, and he wasn't sure if I would be OK and I told him to go home and I will be fine, it will take a while. I just think it's insane, how I've been with him and this happened. I just think that my grandma did really put him in my life for a reason.

So.. yeah.. I'm doing OK for the most part, but I still get really emotional. I have been emotional the last week and now all this week.. I am going to be exhausted.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Prayers are with you and your family.
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your grandpa seems to have been very precious to you. I know that you will miss having him in your life especially as you grow older and you realize just how much more you would like to share with him.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Prayers are with you, and your family.
    I've Been Frosted

I`m so sorry to hear about your grandfather, and that you`ve had such a sorrowful weekend. That is terrible how your uncle had to miss his last moments with his father because of that officer.. how heartless. Prayers are on the way.
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

I am so sorry. Sounds like you all are going through a very sad time
    right now. Your Grandpa is a peace now.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

So Sorry, Rachel.
    Rest In Peace, Papa.

{{{Hugs}}}

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa's passing. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

so sorry rachel, prayers for you and your family
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Oh, Rachel... I am so so terribly sorry to hear about your dear Papa. I know that you are going through a rough time right now, and we here at PetTalk are here for you, of course. I send all my love and prayers to your family.

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Rachel, I am so sorry for your loss. May he finally rest in peace. (((hugs))) to you and your family.

So sorry for your loss. Don't let your uncle feel guilty for not being there. At least your mom was. Your grandfather is fortunate to have had someone there and he knows that your uncle was there in his heart.

My grandfather was born and died on the 4th of July, I think he thought it was his day. Don't feel bad every July 4th - it's a time to celebrate and remember.

I am so sorry, Rachel. {{{Hugs}}}

Hugs to you , countrywolf07, keeping you in my prayers.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

{{{{hugs}}}}

I am so sorry you lost your Papa - he passed peacefully in his own time, and that is all anyone can ask for.

Prayers to you and your family.

And yes, Grandma knew what she was doing when she sent you Mike.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda