Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Happy but scared :) (New pictures addded Post #54)

Happy but scared :) (New pictures addded Post #54)

Well, this may not be a surprise to some of you who have been paying attention.
    Meet Taz

Ginger and I have been talking about adding to our family for about 9 months now. And we started going to different rescues and shelters in February. Any way all of our months of searching have paid off. We found Taz. He just moved in with us today, and seems to be the most perfect well adjusted little boy you ever met. I suspect some quirks will show up 3 weeks from now when he realizes that he is here to stay, but we are ready for that.

I was a bit sad when I was bringing him home and I realized that it will no longer be just my baby and me. Is it alright to feel that way? I know that Taz will just give Ginger and I the chance to give and receive more love. But in my 18 years of dog ownership it has only been just me and my girl (first Peaches then Ginger). This is a new and exciting (and scary) experience for me.

Wish us luck.
    Last edited by Ginger's Mom; 07-02-2008 at 05:56 AM.

Congrats Joyce and Ginger!! Taz looks like a great addition!!

I was nervous when we brought Cincy home. I cried the first night, sure we had made a HUGH mistake... Sadie seemed to hate her, and didn't know what to do with the little thing. But within a day or two they were best buds, and 7 years later, still inseperable.

Welcome to the PetTalk family, little Taz!!! You're a cutie!
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

Oh Joyce! Congrats! I had a funny feeling this was coming. Taz is so cute!
    I was a bit sad when I was bringing him home and I realized that it will no longer be just my baby and me. Is it alright to feel that way? I know that Taz will just give Ginger and I the chance to give and receive more love.
    Yep, it's ok to feel that way, I've been there a few times. For the few things the 'only' dog is missing out on, he/she gains so much more with the added dog.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Joyce I did kind of see this coming. I can't tell you how happy I am for you and Ginger both. Oh I can't wait to get to know this little cutie pie better. I know there will be pictures and stories in the days ahead and I will stay tuned! How far did you have to go to find him? Is he a Joizy boy?

Hello, Taz, cutie and welcome!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Congrats and welcome home, Taz!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Thank you very much for the reassurances.
    Amy, I have been close to tears a number of times this evening, for both happy and sad moments. But they were actually sniffing each other about 1/2 hour ago. I take that as a good sign.
    Annette, thank you so very much for saying that. I think I was hoping that was true, but when trying to convince the "first" dog that, you begin to have doubts.
    Yes, Pam, he is a Joisey boy through and through. I found him at the Animal Welfare Association in Voorhees yesterday, when I stopped on a whim while driving home from Animal Orphange on a totally unrelated matter (buying tickets to one of their fundraising events). He is 8 years old and was turned in by his family because of "conflicts with their other dogs." I have no idea what that could have been, he is unbelievably good.

Taz' little tail was wagging like crazy when I read him all of the wonderful comments. Thank you very much.

Congratulations! He's really cute!! I bet he'll be friends with Ginger, just give it some time. Nebo wasn't too fond of Keva after he realized she was here to stay...now they are great friends.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post

For the few things the 'only' dog is missing out on,
    he/she gains so much more with the added dog.
    I don't think Cinder has missed ANYthing because of having Smokey in her Pack.

I had 'misgivings' moments after she and Boots, da Kat, "found him" on the front porch
    at midnight on a bitter January night ... I thought she was trying to KILL him the way
    she chased him around the Ranch Howze ... till I noticed as they dashed under the
    pole light - they were Changing Places each lap!

I can't say who was more upset when we 'gave him away', on his second day with us,
    for an overnight at Angels for Animals to get the Big Snip. Cinder was upset the whole
    20 hours he was gone; then went ballistic with joy when I brought him out to the Bus
    to ride back home. I think she gave him his "I'm Only #2" membership card that night ...

Although she holds the "I'm #1" card, she never waves it in his face.
    In 7+ years, there's NEVER been a cross word between them!
    And Cinder wouldn't trade him in for ALL the Milkbones in the world!

Given time, and some 'coaching' to both of them, I'll bet Ginger will welcome Taz
    into the Pack as a near-equal in record time.

Happy #2 Dawg!

You have made me feel all warm and fuzzy this evening with the great news about Taz being your new family member.

God love you for giving this darling boy a good home.

Yes, there probably will be some interesting times ahead of you -but it will be replaced with sheer joy in watching them establish a bond.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke View Post
    I don't think Cinder has missed ANYthing because of having Smokey in her Pack.
    All I meant was an only dog gets 100% of our attention, all the treats and all the toys,which he then has to share when another dog comes into the home. But sharing isn't a bad thing when you have another dog to share and play with.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I came back out here again, because I couldn't sleep, and was really worried, upset, the whole bit. Your posts really do help. I do think Ginger and Taz will be friends, I purposely picked out a dog that is similar to the ones she picks for friends. I just have to be patient and let them move at their own speed, I guess. Ginger isn't happy with me, but there were two occasions since Taz arrived when we shared a few special moments together.

Does this make me the #1 single dog owner now?
    Wow! Congratulations Joyce! I have to admit, I was shocked because you feel a lot like I do. I'm SO happy for you! Taz is an adorable, handsome boy! It's OK, Ginger, mommy will always love you to pieces!

I've been Boooo'd!

Huge congratulations on the new addition, Taz certainly is a handsome little man. I'm sure the three of you will get along great.

I was a bit sad when I was bringing him home and I realized that it will no longer be just my baby and me. Is it alright to feel that way?
    Of course it's alright to feel that way. It's not an easy thing letting someone else into your life when you & Ginger have been together for so long. I'm sure there will be ups and downs, but I hope you find that our furry friends are often just as willing to open up their hearts to something new as we are. I'm sure the three of you will be inseperable within a few weeks' time

Kristen & the Dynamutts...