Thread: Missing strays

Missing strays

I have had 4 to 7 stray cats hanging around the house that I had been feeding. About 3 weeks ago I trapped 4 of them and had them fixed. Siam (F) her two adult kittens Little Blackie (F), Socks (M) and an odd stray we called Sweet Grey Girl. We try to keep the names simple so when talking to the neighbors we all know who we are talking about. Well, after they got fixed I have hardly seen them around any more. I also have a stray that has her kittens neer by and she is about the only one arround.
    What I am wondering is if the cats took off because I got them fixed or because Orange Girl has her kittens near and she has ran them off? Or are they just out and about because it's summer and food is more plentifull? I kind of miss having them around.

Just a little side note about some of the cats. Sweet Grey Girl turned out to be the cat of a guy that lives in an appartment next to me. I was talking to him the other day and found this out and that he was rather supprised that she showed back up at his appartment after a 2 week absents with a shaved belly. I was a little ticked in a way to find this out because he didn't take it apon his self to see to it that his cat was speyed and I was the one who ended up shelling out the bucks to do it (not that if I knew it was his cat, I would have done anything different). I just told him that she was hanging around a bad element and ended up getting cought up in a "bust".

As for Orange Girl, She had 6 kittens around the time that the "bust" had taken place and did not get trapped. She will be taken it to get speyed around the 4th of July. About that time her kittens will be 5 weeks old and will be OK without her for the day. And yes, her kittens will be fixed befor they are adopted out.
    On the happy side She has turned out to be such a sweet and lovable cat that she found a home with us and will become an inside cat once her kittens are old enough. My husband wanted a girl in the house because we already have the 2 boys. It will still be all orangees all the time.

One more thing....I would also like to give a salute to Planned Pethood out of Denver. They come to Grand Junction once a month and will fix your ferral cats for $20 or they can do a number of them for free because of money raised by Community Cat Care. They also do all the other Vet stuff for dogs and cats for a way reasonable price.

HOw nice of you to fix that fella's cat!! I wonder if he would ever had it done. Thamk you for caring about the cats!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

I Often Wonder About That Myself As There Are Shadow Cats Who Come Here, And Then I Never See Thier Little Faces Again.
    I Havent Seen The Yellow And White Cat Who Was Sleeping On My Air Conditioner In A While, Or Angel The White Cat Or Huge Catzilla, Who I Have A Movie Of.
    Or Scratchy Who Kept Scrappy 2 Alive All Those Years Ago.
    I Wonder Where They Are, My Porch Cats Of Yesterday.
    I Pray That They Are All Doing Well , And Are Happy Cats.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Nice of you to fix your neighbors cat! I would have informened him how much it cost and plainly said "I expect you to refund the cost as a responsiable pet owner"

I was thinking that the ones that vanished may also have had owners that started keeping them inside after seeing they had been fixed. (?) They are fair game if turned loose unaltered and it is good you caught them and had that done no matter if they had owners or not. GOOD FOR YOU! Great job...

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Thank you, Pumacat, and bless you for caring enough to help these sweet babies.I do hope your neighhbor will step up, do the right thing and reimburse you for helping his kitty. You did a wonderful thing!
    Groucho is sending you lots of thank you kitty hugs, purrs and headbumpies for helping his fellow kitties in need
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies View Post
    Nice of you to fix your neighbors cat! I would have informened him how much it cost and plainly said "I expect you to refund the cost as a responsiable pet owner"

I was thinking that the ones that vanished may also have had owners that started keeping them inside after seeing they had been fixed. (?) They are fair game if turned loose unaltered and it is good you caught them and had that done no matter if they had owners or not. GOOD FOR YOU! Great job...
    I know that Siam and her two adult kittens had no people because the people on the other side of me had adopted another one of her other kittens and said she had been around for some time . There also have been two feral toms running around that I havn't seen in some time (unaltered).

As for getting the owner of sweet grey girl refunding me the money, yea, like thats going to happen. I didn't have the highest opinion of him before and somehow this hasn't changed.

[QUOTE=Pumacat;2026601] As for getting the owner of sweet grey girl refunding me the money, yea, like thats going to happen. QUOTE]

I was going to say that but I didn't want to sound negative. When I was doing TNR, there was a man in my neighborhood who had a truck trailer on the back of his property and cats multiplied in there like you wouldn't believe! When I told him that the cats were making their way to my property and that I was having them all altered, he said "Why?" Sigh. I explained it to him and, not only did he not show any gratitude, when I asked him about contributing to help pay expenses, his answer was all too common: "They're cats!" So, you already know in your heart that you're doing the responsible and loving thing and that will let you sleep at night. Thank you so much for caring.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11