Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help can my dog eat chocolate??????????

thanks guys!

my dog never ate chocolate and i will never give him any
    caroline attard

Actually several years ago Smokey (who is 9 pounds I think) ate an entire bag of Hershey's kisses. My stupid sister left them on the floor in her room with the door open. He ate every last one, and didn't even throw up. He also pulled a bunch of valentines for my friends off a shelf once, and they had Hershey's nuggets (I think it was white chocolate) taped on them. Didn't even get sick that time either. Of course this is Smokey the wonder dog for ya, don't take this as advice to give your dogs chocolate! We would never give our dogs that on purpose, Smokey just has a talent for getting into everything. I know they make chocolate/vanilla flavored yogurt drops for dogs. They look like chocolate chips. My dogs love them!

Baking chocolate is dangerous to pets even in small doses.

Candy chocolates in large quantities are dangerous to pets. Some dogs can eat a whole bag of kisses with no ill effect. Some dogs will get poisoning in a matter of minutes.

The key here is never risk it. No chocolates no worries.

oh no, never chocolate. (be aware also of raisins, grapes, mushrooms, and tylenol). My neighbors lab/boxer mix pulled down an Easter basket last year and ate an entire chocolate bunny (8 oz.). She rushed her to the vet and the vet said not to worry because of her size. He said just to be careful that she doesn't have access to anymore.

Give em chocolate

GIVE HIM CHOCOLATE ALL YOU WANT!!!! If you want to rush him to the emergency room and have his stomach pumped... or have him die. Go right ahead and give em chocolate. Never even never give yer pooch chocolate!

WolfQ I had a simmilar experience my dog ate an entire bag of chocolate coins once. I was so scared that whole night, luckily she was fine. But that was her only chocolate experience.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

well, i've heard a lot of different things about dogs and chocolate. It's probably not a good idea to give your dog chocolate, just in case. Someone told me that dogs could have regular milk choclate, but not baker's chocolate, but I don't know if I should believe it or not.