Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morgan has been with me for 10 years! (includes pictures)

Morgan has been with me for 10 years! (includes pictures)

Today marks the day, and now marks the time, when Morgan came to live with me 10 years ago. I'm sad because I don't get to be with him today since I am dogsitting for a sweet poodle. Since I am not at my house, I also don't have access to his baby pictures to post. I might be able to find a few that I have posted online before. It's been my intentions to nominate him to be COTD for probably 8 years or more, and I have been too lazy to do it. Bad mommy!
    Here's his "gotcha" story. Just over 11 years ago, my parents sold our house. I'd lived there for over 20 years and was devestated. We moved to a rental home for a year. They wouldn't allow us to have pets inside there. My dad told me that once we got our own house, I could have as many pets as I wanted, as long as they stayed outside. We moved into our new home in February. And within a few weeks I had picked out a name for a kitty. I had been listening to Garth Brook's song "Two Pina Coladas" and thought Morgan would be a great kitty name (from the phrase, "Let's set sail with Captain Morgan.") I was intent on finding a needy kitten to save. A friend of mine had a pregnant cat. He was having an addition put on his house by another friend of mine. When the cat had her babies, the one doing the building told his wife about this beautiful gray kitten with green eyes. One day I was with the builder's wife and we went by the house to see the kittens. He brought the gray one over to the car, and I fell in love. I told the cat owner later that I would love to take that kitten, even though I was half joking because he wasn't really a kitty that needing saving. I didn't think much more about it because I thought the builder was going to take the kitty. One evening we were having company over for dinner. After dinner, the home owner came over with a kitty and left him with me. He was 6 weeks old to the day. Needless to say I was having "buyers remorse". I even tried to give him to the people that were visiting, but my mother wouldn't let me. I didn't know what to do with him, so I went outside with him. We had a dog that my dad had brought home from somewhere who immediately had the cat in his mouth. So there I was screaming for my sister to come help me while I was holding the dog. The dog dropped the kitten and my rescued him and brought him back inside. He lived in a box in my room for awhile. I didn't know much about taking care of a kitten. The vet said to wait until he was 9 weeks old to give him shots. I did. But turns out Morgan has an allergic reaction to his shots. The vet recommended that if needed to keep him inside and not have him vaccinated. He hasn't touched the outside ground since. What a mess it was. I'll make this long story short and say that Morgan has been with me ever since. We are best buddies. He's the best kitty ever! Because of Morgan I've become a cat person. I never knew I was a cat person. We've been through alot. Right now we're managing diabetes, successfully I might add. I could go on and on, but I won't. I'll just share a couple of my favorite pictures of my Boogs. (He got that nickname as a kitten when he would hide behind things and jump out and get me like the Boogie Man.)

And my very favorite:
    Last edited by Moesha; 06-17-2008 at 07:05 PM.

Happy Gotcha Day Morgan, aka the boogie man. You are very handsome!!!

TEN YERAS OF LOVE, AND THAT PHOTO WITH A NOT EXACTLY OVER JOYED MORGAN SAYS IT ALL . THE THINGS I DO FOR MY MEEOWMIE!!!
    WHAT A BIG GRAY FELLOW, AND CONCATULATIONS FROM ALL OF US AT THE FOUND CAT HOTEL!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

What a wonderful collection of photos! It gives a great insight into his personality and what makes him special. (The ears photo is my favorite...)

Happy Gotcha Day! Morgan you are such a beautiful big gray kitty!!
    I big kitties!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

HAPPY 10th GOTCHA DAY MORGAN!!! You were a very cute kitten and now you're a very handsome adult.

Handsome boy and a beautiful coat there, Morgan!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Congrats Morgan. What a handsom boy, but mouse ears realy!!!!!!!
    GILL & Crew;

Happy Birthday, handsome Morgan! You look a little like Cassie Kitty
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Happy Gotcha Day Morgan!

I'm sorry this is late but Happy 10th Gotcha Day Morgan!! You sure knew what you were doing when you picked Moesha to be your furever Meowmie!!! Wishing you many more years of love and happiness with your wonderful Meowmie. Be sure to give her some extra lovies, okay?

Sending you lots of Happy Gotcha Day scritchies and lovies
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Re

Love that bottom photo! Morgan you are a very pretty cat. Happy 10th!

Happy Birthday Morgan! You are very cute! I do like that last picture, but it does not look as if you were too thrilled about it!

Chin scritchies from me and head bumpies from Tabby and Sasha!
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

Happy Birthday Morgan.. Congrats & go for those kitty treats..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

What a stunning kitty you are, Morgan! You look like you have some Russian Blue in you!

Happy Gotcha Day, sweetheart.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda