Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE PRAY FOR ME: Cat Bite & Rabies Shots!

OUCH. I just now read this. Sorry you got bit. I've only gotten bit by a cat once but it got very infected quickly and hurt like a sonofagun. I was fortunate that she had a current rabies vaccination so I didn't have to endure the shots, which is good because I'm scared to death of needles.

I hope your bite heals without any complications.

I feel bad for the kitty but given the situation and current testing methods it couldn't be helped I understand. At least the kitty can be happy playing at the RB now.

BTW small miracle I know but one person is known to have survived Rabies.

http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/1031002506.html

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

HUGS for Kim. Keep us posted.
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

KIm - please forgive me for asking - this is ONLY to see what Animal Control's policies would be in this case...

IF - IF and only IF - you said you were willing to have all the rabies shots, would that make a difference in what they do with the cat?

Please note, I am NOT saying you should do this at all! Just as many are here, I am concerned about the cat as well, and wondering if there is any way to keep him from being PTS.

I hope you are healing...do you have some decent painkillers?

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm sorry, Kim. I hope you feel better soon. perhaps he was a feral kitty if he bit you bad. I don't think a stray that was someone's house cat would, but you never know.. feel better soon!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Kim, I am so sorry you have to go through this. It's a bad situation all the way around. *Hugs* coming your way.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    KIm - please forgive me for asking - this is ONLY to see what Animal Control's policies would be in this case...

IF - IF and only IF - you said you were willing to have all the rabies shots, would that make a difference in what they do with the cat?

Please note, I am NOT saying you should do this at all! Just as many are here, I am concerned about the cat as well, and wondering if there is any way to keep him from being PTS.

I hope you are healing...do you have some decent painkillers?

{{{{hugs}}}}

CANDACE ... you have MISSED THE POINT!!! This cat could bite another person or a CHILD!!! I realize you have no children but would you wish the pain, infection, ER visit and Rabies scare diarrhea from multiple antibiotics on one???? Would it make you happy if I donate my brain and head instead of the "poor kitty"!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Kim i think candace meant well,and did not mean to upset you.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I was just wondering if anything could be done to save the cat. That's all.

I thought it would be PTS so soon because they wanted to find out about the rabies really soon. I just wondered if there were options.

I may have no children (except Papiya in Kolkatta), but I worked at a cat boarding kennel, and was bitten twice and DEEPLY by a cat there - the same cat both times.

I thought the point, the main one, was you and you getting better, and it is.

And I thought another point might be the cat.

Last edited by Catty1; 06-18-2008 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    Kim, I hope your feeling better today, your health and well being is important to me.
    Here! here! sometimes we let our feelings about animals overshadow everything else. Kim's health is the most important issue here
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I saw the title of this thread in the forum index yesterday and it sounded so urgent I came to the thread to see what had happened. I'm very glad, Kim, that the shots are not too unbearable and I hope you are able to keep the pain down, I know how painful even a minor bite can be, so I can just imagine a really deep bite.

I also would feel hurt and aggravated if I were bitten badly by a stray (dog or cat) and kept being pushed to intervene on the stray's fate. Cat bite infections can be some of the worst, as I have seen in the doctor's reports that I type. While I understand feeling sad over an animal's fate, it seems insensitive to me to keep pushing Kim on the issue after what she has had to deal with. I'm sure it must make her feel hurt and upset. The situation is out of her hands now as far as the cat. I say just let it be and let Kim heal without pressuring her to do more.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

I wasn't trying to push anyone to do anything...early on, she was upset about the kitty, too...

Kim, you are in a lot of pain, and I do hope you heal soon.

hugs

I also should have mentioned, any time one goes to the ER or doctor with an animal bite, especially that of an unknown stray, they legally have to report it to Animal Control. It's a public health concern and Animal Control has to follow their policy. So to protect the kitty Kim would have had to not seek medical attention which of course I'm sure no one would have expected of her.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Hi Kim! How are you feeling? I hope things are getting better, the pain is decreasing and you're feeling better by the moment! Please know that you are and will remain in my thoughts and prayers
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Re

Sending prayers your way. Have you found out if you need the shots or not?

I think Kim has started the shots...how are you doing today Kim? I am still worried about you.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!