Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In the Morning

Re: In the morning

Originally posted by Cataholic
    But, don't any of yours hang out in the bathrooom with you?
    Oh goodness, do they! I have to do everything with the door opened when it's just me and the cats. When my hubby is home, it's better because he can entertain them...when I take a bath at night to de-stress, I have at least one furry companion watching me from atop the toilet.

Noah hangs out under/behind the toilet when I shower and in the morning when I use the rest room, Basil has to sit on my lap! Silly kitties!!

Noah also "helps" mommy get ready by sitting on the bathroom counter while I put make up on...I actually get ready while he rubs against me...waiting for me to drop something for him to play with.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Tiger will pester me until I get something for her to eat. One of her favorite stunts if she is really hungry is to jump on my shoulders and lay across my neck. If not that, she will pace back and forth in front of the monitor screen, or she will not leave me alone to drink a cup of coffee in order to wake up. She is the most aggressive of my menagerie for morning feeding stunts. This afternoon I fogot to fill ther feeding tray. She came in on me with anger in her eyes and jumped on my left hand wirh her front claws out, drawing a little blood. I have tried practically everything I can think of in order to ward her off, but to no avail. Ultimatley, she gets her way because there is no peace nor free time in the early AM for me, if she is hungry.

Ritz takes her post as "closed door patrol" - meaning that she is there to "body slam" any closed bathroom door until it pops open and she can go in, then immediately leave.

She often pokes her head in the shower to get her head "misty" and proceeds to give herself a thorough tongue bath out in the hall.

Then, she follows us down for "coffee chat" - while dipping the beans into the grinder, she chatters with us...followed by keekee brush (brush the kitty) and, if time, a short round of "chase mousie", followed by a food/water check/refill.

My spouse leaves earlier than I do, and Ritz sees him off, then comes upstairs and sits outside the bathroom door watching.

A kitty of routine - on weekends she wants us to get up that early and often comes trouncing on the bed (she manages to walk the "mommy cat balance beam' from toe to head) if we don't get up early enough to suit her taste.
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

mornings are pretty routine........unless it's saturday/sunday....
    if i am not up by 07:30 Edward comes over and talks to me
    until i wake up....he has a bowl of food available, so it's not hunger that drives him..........i'll scratch him and pull a pillow over my head...........later on i am forced to wake up.....for some reason his extra weight on the pillow keeps me from breathing...

Cam is kept in his own area at night so we can get some sleep, so when I get up in the morning I am greated with very loud meows. He than follows me into the bathrom and wants his tummy scratched while I am using the toilet. He than goes and rubs his face on all the magazines. He talks to me quite a bit, its really cute. before I get into the shower he will pull the drain cover off and dip his paws in to get some of the leftover water from my fiancees earlier shower. Sometimes I foget he is in there and turn on the shower so he comes racign out and gives me a look

once I am out of the shower he "helps" me brush my teeth. he than comes out into the house with me and chases the dogs around for a while. Than its back in his room and I'm off to work.

Cam always has food in his dish so he doesn't bother me for that.

water bowl hijinks

does anyone have a problem with the kids tipping or spilling the water from their bowls?

this puzzled me for a while until i figured out what it was all about.. edward stops at his bowl, looks into the water, takes his paw and pulls the bowl until the water sloshes out over the floor.

I could not see the reason behind it until i watched him from start to finish. Being a long haired cat his hair is everywhere..
    because he grooms himself so close to his water bowl his loose hair settles on the water's surface. He sloshes the water to move the hair over to the edge of bowl so he can drink w/o getting his hair along with the water......

i change his water every day and always come home to a puddle on the floor around his dish...at first i thought it was a form of punishment for me leaving him at home, now i know it's just a trick that he taught himself...........

i'm still learning.....

Joey is my baby, he waits outside the bathroom door until I am finish my shower then he follows me back to my bedroom and waits until I finished getting dress.

Sabrina follows me to my brothers room, that is where she gives all her kisses and she could spend hours in there.

Toby he one big guy that gets in the way alot, especially in the morning. He is a big, loves eating. Toby is a nice cat but he sure a bug in the mornings.
    Attached Images Attached Images