Thread: So Excited!

So Excited!

I know not all of you are fond of dog parks, but I am (aside from a couple of complaints that I won't get into). One opened up recently under-the-radar and at first I thought "oh another dog park that probably isn't anywhere close to me in this area...", but it's not even a 15 minute drive, is twice as big as my current dog park, AND it has a POND!!! Jamie is gonna freeeeeak out since all of the ponds near where I live dogs aren't allowed in because of "sanitary" and "hygiene" reasons. Assuming because people share the same lakes. I'm probably going to have her vaccinated/titered for giardia and/or lepto now if I plan on going regularly but still!!!! She LOVES swimming and LOVES dog parks, this is so awesome, I'm soooo excited!!!!!

facebook

Oh Zoee would love that too. It very hard to keep her out of my parents pool when we are there.
    Have fun at the new park. I hope we get lots of pictures!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Might want to get the kennel cough (bortadella) vaccine as well, if you don't already.

What a nice place this sounds like! Get over there and check it out!

Ohhh how exciting! I wish there were cool parks like that where I live. The dogs would love it!

Kristen & the Dynamutts...

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Might want to get the kennel cough (bortadella) vaccine as well, if you don't already.

What a nice place this sounds like! Get over there and check it out!
    Jamie's already UTD on that since she was kenneled a few months back. It supposedly lasts for a year but some vets/clinics suggest revaccinating for it every six months.

I forgot to ask my teacher today about it but can anyone else think of any possible vaccines I would need (besides the basics that they already get annually)? I wouldn't think she'd need Lyme, lol.

I can not waiiiiiiit, I'm planning on going tomorrow after school since I have a wedding Saturday so I can't go then.

facebook

Where's the dog park at? We havent been going down to the Hwy 370 (Dusable Park) one lately... And I know the one out at 40/61 & 70, just too far for us.

I think there's one off of Hwy DD that J took Eli to a while ago.. had a pond and a huge pavilion thingy. Had LOTS of ticks too... Wasn't pleasant from what I heard...

Just from the same county so I was curious.

Bunny: BoxerxSheppard mix, Eli: Boxer, Treo: Boxer
    Zeke [RB]: RottweilerxAustrailian Cattle Dog mix

Oscar & Chloe: White's Tree Frogs, Kiwi & Wasabi: Green Tree Frogs
    I sell DVDs and other miscellaneous stuff on eBay!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
    I can not waiiiiiiit, I'm planning on going tomorrow after school since I have a wedding Saturday so I can't go then.
    Then we will be expecting pictures on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Seravieve View Post
    Where's the dog park at? We havent been going down to the Hwy 370 (Dusable Park) one lately... And I know the one out at 40/61 & 70, just too far for us.

I think there's one off of Hwy DD that J took Eli to a while ago.. had a pond and a huge pavilion thingy. Had LOTS of ticks too... Wasn't pleasant from what I heard...

Just from the same county so I was curious.
    Yeah the one off of DD was the one, supposedly, Broemmelsiek Park.

http://parks.sccmo.org/parks/index.p...id=4&Itemid=17

Ticks are bad this season in general anywhere you go, though; we went camping and if I didn't have tick and flea preventative on the dogs they'd have been infested!

What exactly didn't you like about Broemmelsiek, other than the ticks?

BTW, if you're interested, down HWY40 there's another dog park at Quail Ridge. At the Callahan lights on 40 make a left and then an immediate right onto the service road and take it all the way down to the park entrance. That's where I've been taking them. It's an ok sized area but some of hte owners are very lazy picking up after their dogs... I just can't understand how they just DONT do it... if I see my dog "assuming the position", I grab a bag if I don't have one already (usually have a few tucked into my back pocket) and head over to where she's at. Most owners will wait awhile and by then dogs have already run and/or rolled in it, eaten it, who knows....

EDIT: Yeah, I think the one at 40/61 and 70 you're talking about is the Quail Ridge one. It is maybe a 15 minute drive for me since I'm right on Lake St. Louis Blvd and 70, just take the blvd to 40 and bam. Broemmelsiek is even closer for me than Quail Ridge, but Quail Ridge is really not that much further of a drive for you either It's 15 minutes for me either way hehe

facebook

Yea I was talking about Quail ridge, couldnt think of the name.
    That was the first dog park we knew about.. We're on Hwy 94 and Page Ext. So its a drive for us. It's just too small of a park to drive that far really.
    J took Eli to Broemmelsiek Park so I'm just saying what she told me. She told me that everyone made a huge deal about the pond... and so she got excited. And when she went, it was all just a big scum bucket.

Have you been to the one at 370 and 2nd street?.. I know it'd be a drive for you for sure.. us too really. 20 min or so. Its really a good size. And they have a small and big dog section. Bathrooms, water supply, benches and pavilion. Pretty nice.

The only one I've been to is Quail Ridge so far

Page and 94??? My parents live right off Harvester/Jungerman (Queensbrooke)! I grew up right in that area! Small world

Well I really hope it isn't a disappointment when I go, I've been hoping for a park with a pond for so long now!! I'm just sad I hadn't heard about it earlier.

facebook

I see.. Queensbrooke is nice. My mom and I went and looked in a display villa there. I grew up off of Harvester and live in Heritage now..

You should go out to the Dusable park one at 370 and N 2nd street in Old St. Charles. Its nice. Always a good amount of people there too. =)

Maybe Broemmelsiek is nicer now.. its been a good 6 months at least since J took Eli out there.

Well I wasn't able to go Friday because it rained. Trying to talk hubby into going with me today but it's fathers day (the day is still young, though!) and he wants to spend time with his father, plus I have two tests to study for tomorrow so we'll see. It's SO nice out today though!

facebook