Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Sassy

Can anyone explain this to me? I thought the pain was over, but apparently it's not. The last 2 days I've seen pics and heard songs about saying good-bye and I just think of Sassy and cry. Yesterday I was so upset and I felt like such a fool that I closed my bedroom door so no one could see me crying and I had to tell my mom I was on the phone. No one seems to cry or be sad over her around here anymore except me. It's been over a year now, is this normal? Why all of a sudden am I missing her again, I feel like it just happened? I've gone for months without crying when I see pics of her and now all of a sudden it sadden me. I swear last night I made the sig I have and honestly didn't even realize what I was doing...ugh I'm just sick of missing her, I just want her home again. I'm not a person who crys often and it just sucks that I think it's a bad thing, I know it's not but it feels so wrong and I feel like a fool crying over her when she's been gone for over a year.

Love you, pup

Hi Alyssa,

i haven't been around in awhile, but i remember you from before.
    What you're experiencing at this time is totally normal. It just shows how
    much love you had and still have for your beloved Sassy. Don't be too hard
    on yourself for feeling the pain, just feel it and come post with it too.
    It seems to help some. And it will take a very long time to not feel it
    so intensly. You will have good days and bad days, but all the good days you
    had with Sassy are yours and hers forever and can never be taken away.
    I was really sad to read of your doggie's passing, but she is alive and well
    at RB. Take care sweetie, and message me if you like.

*gentle hugs*
    Religion is a smile on a dog.

It's raining cats and dogs!!!
    SPCA HOUSTON
    HABITAT FOR HORSES
    When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.

Alyssa, what you are experiencing is totally normal. We had a dog, Pepper, when I was young. He was about 12 when he had to go to the Bridge. I was a couple years older than him. I didn't cry that much when he died. Then in high school I had to write a Spring Anthology in my English class. I decided to write about Pepper. I cried so hard while writing that paper, I thought I was crazy.
    Things will happen that will bring back memories so vivid. That's when the hurt surfaces all over again.

One thing you have that I didn't have back then is Pet Talk.

Hugs to you Alyssa.

Cindy
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I lost the first of my 3 Lhasas 15 years ago, and the other 2 followed over the course of the next few years. I still miss them terribly, and have a good cry over them every now and then. I don't feel at all foolish about it, and you shouldn't feel foolish to be crying over Sassy either.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Mikey tried to get Mr. Bear today, I know it's a dog toy, but I felt he couldn't have it. I felt if I gave it to him you would think he has replaced you. The truth is, he didn't and he never will. You both are so different, you both had flaws and great things about you and he can never be you, Sassy Your death still pulls at my heart, even more then a year later. Mikey was from a breeder, and I saw his papers today. I found that his date of purchase was December 26th, 2007. That was your 9th birthday. Maybe he was meant to find us. I love this dog, but I will ALWAYS love you too my wuppy face. I almost called him Sassy yesterday too.

I love you and still miss you, thanks so much for sending Mikey to us. We appreciate it sweetheart.

So tomorrow would have been your 12th birthday, wow, time really goes by quickly.

Okay, I'll get straight to the point. I'm not going to lie and say I am still okay about this death, I'm not gonna lie and say "I'm over it" either. But today, I realized I finally have found some closure. I don't think about you as much and I am not longer totally broken over this. I just can't believe the pain still exists. I don't really publicize these things to my friends or family - but I do need to get this out. I never imagined the pain of a broken heart, the dreadful feeling of loss and never seeing her again. It changed me on both ways of the spectrum. I was broken and death is still something I am dealing with along with Sassy's and the death of an accquantiance over the summer, this all shook me to the core - it crippled and broke me and I couldn't believe it was happening at the time. Then all those months without a dog, without the real love for an animal didn't help. I am good at hiding my feelings and I acted happy when I wasn't. Most of the time I was happy, but sometimes I really wasn't. The memories were painful and it just..broke me. I can't totally explain what "broke me" means, but something to me mentally. I dealt with alot of grief for one period and it changed me on the view of death. I can explain it - but I'm still kinda going through it. I think about it alot, so I'll hold off on that.

I'm really rambling now, so I'm gonna wrap this up. Sassy, I really loved you, but I realized finally after over year and a half I really did the right thing for you. I do have some regrets on the situation but taught me alot. I thank you for being in my life and I will always love you. You'll always be my first real dog and that'll never change. Mikey has brought the emptiness out of my life, and I can't thank you enough for "sending" him to us. I can't thank him enough for perhaps finally rescuing me.

Sorry, I realize this is a long, corny post, and a few of you may think of me as a weirdo after. But this is how I've felt for a long time and only 1 person knows about it to an extent.

It's been over 2 years since you died as of 6:00pm last night. I am sorry I forgot to post something then. I still love you and miss you more then you can ever know, and I am still not over this. I don't think I ever will be. You died way to young. You should've been 11 now.

I do have to thank you for sending me Mikey though, he has helped us deal with this death so much and we're so happy with our new boy. He isn't you, he has his flaws, just as you did, he isn't the best behaved dog, but I cannot even think about life without my heart doggy. I am in absolute love with him, I am head over heels for my boy. You sent us the right dog at the right time.

R.I.P Sassy. I hope you can forgive me, and know I think of you nearly everyday and I will forever love you. Mikey, thanks for coming into my life when you did and thanks for rescuing me from the dark shadows of grief. <3

[[[[HUGS]]]] to you Alyssa! You made the right decision to end Sassy's pain, don't feel guilty. You have her such a great life, it was very obvious in all of the pictures you shared with us. You are lucky to have Mikey! RIP sweet Sassy

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I'm so sorry for your loss. : (
    Run free over the bridge, Sassy, till your Mommy comes back to get you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    Can anyone explain this to me? I thought the pain was over, but apparently it's not. The last 2 days I've seen pics and heard songs about saying good-bye and I just think of Sassy and cry. Yesterday I was so upset and I felt like such a fool that I closed my bedroom door so no one could see me crying and I had to tell my mom I was on the phone. No one seems to cry or be sad over her around here anymore except me. It's been over a year now, is this normal? Why all of a sudden am I missing her again, I feel like it just happened? I've gone for months without crying when I see pics of her and now all of a sudden it sadden me. I swear last night I made the sig I have and honestly didn't even realize what I was doing...ugh I'm just sick of missing her, I just want her home again. I'm not a person who crys often and it just sucks that I think it's a bad thing, I know it's not but it feels so wrong and I feel like a fool crying over her when she's been gone for over a year.

Love you, pup

No you aren't a fool! I lost my Goldberg in 2007, and I still cry over him! It's normal, okay? RIP Sassy, Go find Goldberg up there! He will have some bones and bacon to share!

I know I said I wouldn't post in this thread anymore. But tomorrow would be your 12th birthday. I guess it's just hard to accept because for me Christmas always involved you AND with your birthday being right after. It's just something I always remember, every year. Even though it's been over 2 years since you died, I still think about you. I still have pictures of you. I still have your nametag. Your memory will NEVER die out while I'm around. We still love you.

Happy birthday, pup

I feel guilty that I haven't posted in this thread for awhile..over a year now. I've been thinking of you a hell of a lot lately. I recently went back to just look at your old picture threads. I miss you my silly, SASSY dog. You were so mean sometimes, but I loved you all the same. Rest in peace pretty girl.. I hope you know we still think of you.

I know you sent us Mikey, but today me and mom were talking about how much you would have HATED him. You woulda showed him who was boss REAL quick haha.

It hurts me to read your posts. I am so sorry you are still grieving over the loss of Sassy. I know she knew your love was sooo intense, and that you really did the right thing by her, by letting her go.

Hugs to you.

Thank you. That means alot to me. I still miss her as if she had died yesterday. Unfortunately, I don't think getting 'over it' will ever be an option.