Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My FIL has Cancer

My FIL has Cancer

We just found out a couple days ago that my Father In Law has Lymphoma.

Yesterday we just found out it is stage 2 Non Hodgkins Lymphoma of the "B" Cells.

Brian and I don't really know what this means yet. His father has an appt with his oncologist tomorrow so hopefully we will find out a little more then. Apparently they are planning on starting Chemo on Saturday.

He could really use all the prayers, vibes and best wishes you can muster up. Same with my MIL.

Thanks

Will update when we know more

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Prayers and {{{HUGS}}}} for your family.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

He'll be in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

He will definitely be in my prayers. You and your husband, too.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I am so sorry to hear that. Your FIL & family will be in my prayers.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Thank you everyone. it means a lot.

it's tough not knowing anything right now for everyone. tomorrow we should have some kind of pronosis and some more info after he meets with his oncologist.

thanks again

The important thing right now is to write down all the questions you have for the oncologist. I hope that he goes with at least two other people. As a cancer patient myself, I took a coworker along with me to see the surgeon and she "took minutes" and wrote down everything he said. It was such a help.

Oh yes, and remain positive. Cancer can be/is beaten every day and your FIL will fight this and win!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

My prayers are with your family. Keep positive!

I've been Boooo'd!

Sorry to hear this news. I hope there are good treatment options given to you.

Hugs and Prayers.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    The important thing right now is to write down all the questions you have for the oncologist. I hope that he goes with at least two other people. As a cancer patient myself, I took a coworker along with me to see the surgeon and she "took minutes" and wrote down everything he said. It was such a help.

Oh yes, and remain positive. Cancer can be/is beaten every day and your FIL will fight this and win!!!
    Thank you.

I don't know who is going to the appt with them if anyone. I'm sure my MIL will be there so hopefully someone is taking notes.

We are all trying to stay positive. It's the worst right now becuase we just don't know anything and sometimes you can't keep the worst thoughts out but we are staying pretty upbeat... so are my MIL and FIL. They seem very positive although I don't know if that is just because they don't want to worry their kids or if they really are feeling that positive. I hope it's the latter.

We should have more news tonight

{{{{hugs}}}} Prayers that everything is treatable. It's great you seem to be a close family, and you will all get through this together, I'm sure!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

This is an email from my MIL. My FIL had his appt with the oncologist today and this is what they said

He has B-cell Follicular Cancer. This is a slow growing cancer and he's had it for years and did not know it. There is good news and bad news to this........the bad news is that his cancer is incurable unless he has a bone marrow transplant that the doctor does not recommend right now. His cancer is Stage III and there are swollen nodes in his neck, under the arms, chest and groin area which makes it a Stage III. The good news is that they will be able to control it and put it in remission and if it pops up again they can control it again. Dad will begin chemo next Thursday, June 26th. He will have 1 chemo treatment every three week for a total of 6 treatments and that should put him in remission. The doctor said that there is a very good success rate with this type of cancer and people have been in remission for years. We are thanking God and resting in His Grace.
    So continued prayers would be really appreciated.

Well, as the dr. said, it's a good news, bad news scenario. I know that you're all thankful that it can be controlled and brought into remission. Prayers continue from Ohio......
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I am so sorry Sparks that I didn't see this earlier I was out of town for a few days. I am so sorry about your Father in Law, please send my regards to your husband.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!