Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: disabled Tortie, Chicago

1. Mila, the disabled kitty from Chicago-UPDATE

Just wanted to post an update on Mila. I have kept in close contact with Mila's mom, Beka, over the past week and have been giving her daily updates on how Mila is doing.

Mila has fallen head over heels for a CH kitty who is in my care. They have become the best of buddies and they eat and sleep together. Mila had an episode the other day that appeared to be a seizure. She spent about 1/2 day sleeping after the episode, then was back to her normal self. Beka had mentioned that Mila had these seizure-like episodes before, so I just monitored her afterwards, and she recovered without any problems.

Beka and I have discussed Mila's future, and have decided that Mila will be staying with me. Another move would not be good for her, and like I said, she has fallen in absolute LOVE with my CH kitty, and they have become fast friends, and it would be hard to separate them at this point.

Mila will receive the best vet care possible-I have had a vet offer free lifetime vet care for her. I told him about her story and he said he would be more than happy to provide her care free of charge.

Beka-Thank you for allowing me to care for your baby. She is one special girl!

Jane

Free lifetime vet care? That's one special vet there! I'm so glad that things are working out and now to know that Mila will get such good, regular care just puts the cherry on top. Great news!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

3. Mila, the disabled kitty from Chicago-UPDATE

YES, free vet care! I told my vet her story, and how I had driven to South Bend to meet Mila and her mom, and how her disabilities were caused by oxygen deprivation during surgery, and he said he would provide vet care free of charge. I am taking her in this week-she does fall over alot and I want him to look at her and see if he thinks there is some physical therapy I can do to help her. I think alot of her problem is permanent and not really treatable, as its pretty clear from her vet records what happened-she was oxygen deprived during surgery. But if I can help control some of her symptoms, she can maybe be a little more steady on her feet. I am using a shallow disposable baking pan as her litterbox, and she has had ONE accident since Friday. Thats THREE DAYS-when she was having them several times a day. I am using those puppy training pads in front of the box, so if she does go outside the box, its an easy clean-up.

That is absolutely wonderful! She's a little trooper, eh? I'm sure that' we're going to be reading better and better reports each time you post.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Umm, what about phesina?? She is, and has been, waiting for Mila.

This is the first I've heard about this change in plans.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Oh boy, I just read over this thread again and now I see that there's a discrepancy. I sure hope this works out to everyone's satisfaction so that Mila gets a good permanent home. I do know that she couldn't do any better than w/you, Phesina. (Pat)
    Blessings,
    Mary

8. Mila, the disabled kitty from Chicago-UPDATE

First of all, there was a discrepancy from the beginning-I think everybody knows what I am talking about. If you don't go back ad read the entire thread. I simply agreed to pick the cat up and transport her, then hold her for a short period-thats all! But since she has been here, she has become close to another one of my kitties, and has settled in nicely. She is comfortable and happy, and Beka is thrilled that she is staying. I found a vet, a wonderful vet, in fact, on of the best in the entire state of Michigan, to provide lifetime vet care for her, and when I posted, you said "wonderful" then you said she couldnt do any better than with Pat. Which is it?? Maybe pat or somebody else could have driven down and picked Mila up??

Mila is happy here and THAT is what matters. She has irreversible brain damage and disabilities, and has made friends with another cat here who has similar disabilities. Sheouldnt her happiness be the first priority??

You can remove me from this group.

It sounds as though Mila has unintentionally found herself a permanent home with you. Funny how things work out, isn't it?

It is too bad there seem to have been some communication snafus, but hopefully Mila will be okay, and everyone can be content with that. No need to "remove" you, Jane, you are welcome here.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by janesfosterkitties View Post
    First of all, there was a discrepancy from the beginning-I think everybody knows what I am talking about. If you don't go back ad read the entire thread. I simply agreed to pick the cat up and transport her, then hold her for a short period-thats all! But since she has been here, she has become close to another one of my kitties, and has settled in nicely. She is comfortable and happy, and Beka is thrilled that she is staying. I found a vet, a wonderful vet, in fact, on of the best in the entire state of Michigan, to provide lifetime vet care for her, and when I posted, you said "wonderful" then you said she couldnt do any better than with Pat. Which is it?? Maybe pat or somebody else could have driven down and picked Mila up??

Mila is happy here and THAT is what matters. She has irreversible brain damage and disabilities, and has made friends with another cat here who has similar disabilities. Sheouldnt her happiness be the first priority??

You can remove me from this group.
    What I meant was is that either way it's wonderful for Mila. I've come to know Pat (Phesina) and Mila would have a good home w/her. I don't know you but it seemed as though things were working out well for Mila, especially when you found a vet to give her free lifetime care. Don't involve me in this. I was merely trying to encourage both of you and give you the kudos that I felt you both deserved, that's all. No offense was meant to either of you.
    Blessings,
    Mary

11. Mila, the disabled kitty from Chicago-UPDATE

I just want everybody to know how happy Mila is here. She LOVES my other disabled kitty, who has CH. He has never really had a real friend here, and he has fallen in love with her! I've been updating Milas mom on an almost daily basis, and she is thrilled that Mila is doing so well. I have made some modifications in the house to make it easier for Mila, and she now meows and "talks" to me when I walk by the screen door to "her" room. Well, she shares it with her new friend, but she still thinks its hers.

Mila is happy and content, and thats all that matters here. She has a wonderful who is willing to look after her, and she is a joy to have here.

Hope things work out for the best for Mila.

Seems to have been a bit of drama in this thread... geez. I know everyone was just trying to be supportive and hope for the best for Pat and Mila.

As long as Mila is well taken care of and is getting the best possible care, free or not, I hope it all works out for the best.

Although I commend her for transporting the kitty out of the goodness of her hear, I'm reserving my opinion for six months down the road, or whenever her OTHER cats need help and she can't afford it.

She always seemed to be griping about vet bills costs and how she couldn't afford it. But now that a vet has offered lifetime vet service, she's going to keep her???

Phesina,

I'm so sorry about this whole thing. I know you had your heart set on adopting Mila. I've fallen in love with many of my fosters. However, I know when to say enough. If I cannot afford their vet care, I have no business adopting any more. And communication is the key in every relationship, either in person, by phone or via the internet. Which is what Janesfosterkitties failed to do.

Have a wonderful life Mila!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

14. Mila, the disabled kitty from Chicago-UPDATE

Well, I dont believe I ever said I couldnt afford the vet bills. I just resented that somebody had told Pat I was going to take her to the vet before turning her over. I NEVER said I couldnt afford it-read the thread again.

I can afford the vet care-I didnt ASK for free vet care. The vet heard her story and wanted to help, thats all.

Mila is happy and thats ALL that matters.

Mila is happy and thats ALL that matters
    I absolutely agree with you. However, letting Pat know ahead of time rather than having her read it here is a little inconsiderate, don't ya think??

From Pat:
    This is the first I've heard about this change in plans.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!