Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help save Sydney's life!

It is such an amazing story of recovery! Sydney seems to be doing so well and I'm so glad you didn't give up on her. That picture of her with her tongue sticking out is my favourite. She is such a spunky gal!

I too am SO glad to read of how well Sydney is doing! I do want to try to contribute more money, but right now I have to get Aroara's head healed and see how much that takes. It is great that you've gotten some other help from your community too! Please keep us posted and tell that little girl of yours that she is in many people's hearts and minds.

How did Sydney do with today's treatment?

I'm finally having a chance to catch up on Sweet Sydney. How is she doing tonight?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Ok, Sydney is supposed to get her next chemo admin tomorrow morning (with the most powerful drug- Doxorubicin) and I am worried about her. Although her eating has improved a great deal since two days ago, her activity level seems to have decreased. All she really did today is lay around and sleep - I am pretty sure she is not feeling really good. I am really worried about tomorrow because it is supposed to be the most difficult drug to tolerate (as well as it is the most effective drug) and she seems to not be feeling good right now. I don't think she is in excruciating pain or anything, but I know my little girl isn't feeling well. The one safety net is that Sydney has her blood tested and analyzed before I even leave the vet in the morning, to ensure her blood levels are at the right level for her to do the chemo - if not I take her home to rest. I never sleep well the night before, so I can tell you this is going to be a long night. Please have Sydney in your prayers tomorrow and I will update everyone, once I return from the vet. Thank you everyone!
    Sincerely,
    Kat

Rest in Peace Baby, Hercules, and Sydney - If love could have saved you, you both would have lived forever!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~Ghandi

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!

Come on Sydney, you can do this!!! I know you can. Prayers for tomorrow.

Sydney and you are in my prayers today and always.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I hope Sydney is able to tolerate the treatment tomorrow. Cancer treatments are hard on bodies and even people have their good days and not so good days. I'll be eagerly waiting to hear how Sydney is doing! Please try to get some rest yourself.

PT Prayers for Sydney and for you.

Thank God that little girl has you for love and comfort - that makes all the difference! She needs her mommy when she is not feeling well.

If there are any side effects, hopefully the vet will have some ideas. Otherwise...I guess she is just resting and healing!

{{{{HUGS}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I hope that everything goes well tomorrow. She'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

xoxo sydney

I just caught up on this thread and I am sooo praying for sydney. I cried almost the whole way through, putting myself in your place and jasper in sydney's. We are getting ready to buy a house, so our money situation isn't the best right now, but I am going to talk to my husband about using some of our tithe to send for sydney's treatments. I think that it is ok to use God's money to help God's creatures that can't help themselves. In the meantime, you will be in our prayers nightly!
    My baby love, Jasper Caradotto

Update on my baby Sydney! ok, so she had the harshest chemo admin with the Doxorubicin this morning. The vet said that Sydney's CBC's have dropped slightly, but that she was given an iron shot to counteract this. Otherwise the vet said her liver and kidney values where all in normal levels. The low iron levels completely explains why she wasn't acting too well yesterday, because low iron makes you feel tired. The vet had also given me Pepsid to help make sure Sydney's tummy is more soothed, so that she keeps up her good appetite. Basically the vet said that we will keep a close eye on Sydney's CBC levels (if they drop below 20 she will need to get a epigen shot - she is currently at 24 and 25-26 is normal). Hopefully the shot of iron will do the trick. The nice thing is she doesn't have to go back for her next chemo admin until the Friday after next - this should give her lots of time to spend with me and to rest. Please guys keep her in your prayers, I truly feel they are working! Thank you so much!
    Sincerely,
    Kat

Rest in Peace Baby, Hercules, and Sydney - If love could have saved you, you both would have lived forever!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~Ghandi

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!

Thanks for the update! I've been checking back and have been concerned since you hadn't posted anything. I'm glad to hear that she was able to get her treatment and that her levels are doing well. Please keep us posted. Don't forget to come around and post some even though she won't have another treatment for quite awhile.

More prayers for Sydney! Good news - keep it up, little one!

kittykatherine, I am sure glad you are her mom!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh, I will definitely check back in, I like to visit this site often and read everyone else's stories as well. I promise to post her progress before then :-D
    Sincerely,
    Kat

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!