Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Please help save Sydney's life!

Oh dear! Ms Sydney...don't scare your mommy like this. Eat your yums!

Sure hope that she comes around and starts feeling better.

Awww...Poor Sydney and poor you!

I would guess, only guessing, that the stress of the storm and the chemo are working together and she isn't well...this last treatment was the heavier one, wasn't it?

{{{HUGS}}} and prayers that Miss Sydney is back to her feisty self in no time.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Poor Sydney. So much going on around her, and she's not feeling well! I hope the roasted/baked chicken you make will perk up her appetite.

Hugs to you sweet Sydney! Feel better and don't worry mom so much!

Hi everyone! I have figured our finally what was making Sydney sick: it was in fact the anti-nausea medicine. After some investigating, one of the main side effects of the metoclopramide is NAUSEA, and this I believe led to her getting sicker and sicker. Poor thing was getting sick from the nausea medicine and I kept giving her the anti-nausea medicine. After I completely discontinued the nausea medicine her appetite came back, the vomiting stopped, and she is back to her normal energy level. It was a relief. I had another scare today though, when I got home from work, I had a message on my answer machine with the vet saying I had missed a chemo administration. I quickly checked my medical records and found that this was in fact wrong (because I would NEVER miss a chemo admin) and had to call the vet and explain to her that Sydney was on schedule. After her file was checked it was agreed that she was indeed on schedule. It just adds to the point that we have to be diligent in the care of our loved ones, because doctors make mistakes too. You have to play an active role in the care, otherwise you cannot detect what is going wrong. So, Sydney is doing fine at this point in time. She was actually chasing her tail today, which brought the biggest grin to my face. She is still hiding under the bed in the mornings when I leave for work, but I make sure to go in there and tell her she is not going in for therapy today. So all is well at this point. Thank you so much for the prayers and thoughts. PT is such a wonderful and helpful place. Makes all the difference!
    Sincerely,
    Kat

Rest in Peace Baby, Hercules, and Sydney - If love could have saved you, you both would have lived forever!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~Ghandi

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!

SO glad you figured out what was making her sick! Keep up the good work mom and Sydney!!! I think of you often and have been wondering how you have been doing.

YAAY!

Let me get this straight...one of the side effects of an anti-nausea medication is NAUSEA????

Who got paid good research money to come up with THAT one?

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    YAAY!

Let me get this straight...one of the side effects of an anti-nausea medication is NAUSEA????

Who got paid good research money to come up with THAT one?
    Isn't that ridiculous? I looked into a patch for air sickness when I was flying a lot and one of the side effects was nausea. Honestly.

I'm so glad that Sydney is doing better, though. Sounds like you're having better luck than I am right now.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I hope everything will be alright. I will pray daily for this beauty.
    I love my cats sooo much!!.

Thank you everyone for your support. I have been so busy with school and work, it has been very difficult to find time to post bulletins, although I am reading them all still :-). Sydney was still not eating today so I called the vet back and got an appetite stimulant. I have it to her around 3:00 and she was at least attempting to eat around 5:00. She is still not eating normally, but at least she is eating something. She ate about 2 tablespoons worth of wet food for dinner, which was a major improvement. She is still in good spirits, and continues to run around the house and act ok. I am hoping that this appetite stimulant can allow for me time to plump her up. She has lost some definite weight, although I am not sure how much- at least 2 lbs. Please keep your prayers up, because this last few chemo administrations have taken a toll on Sydney. I fear her lack of eating has hindered her healing. She doesn't have to go in for chemo until next Friday, so she has one more week to adjust. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
    Sincerely,
    Kat

Rest in Peace Baby, Hercules, and Sydney - If love could have saved you, you both would have lived forever!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~Ghandi

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!

BIG PT PRAYERS for Sydney, such a beautiful girl - humans lose weight and eat little when they have chemo also. Would she go for some melted ice cream, some little treat like that? It would help plump her up some.

Good for you eating, Sydney...you keep going, now!

How many more treatments, KK?

I havent tried ice cream, but she would have nothing to do with the yogurt. She has six treatments left - she should be done December 3rd (which is ironically the day before the anniversary of Baby's passing 2 years ago). I worry about her, but she is hanging in there and seems to be doing reasonably fine. I try to take her out on the front porch, because that uplifts her spirits and makes her happy.

Any suggestions on type of ice cream? flavor?
    Sincerely,
    Kat

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!

I was thinking vanilla? Get a really small container to try first (unless you are an ice cream nut! ).

I know adult cats aren't supposed to have milk or milk products in case of lactose intolerance - but heck, if she'll lap it up, go for it! Maybe several teaspoons a day? That'll at least add some calories and fat and some calcium.

You could ask your vet about Hill's A/D - it's used for surgical recovery and all, comes as a wet food, and is PACKED with nutrients. Too rich for normal healthy cats. If your vet approves, maybe she will give you a free can to try.

I wish Sydney soooo much good luck and hopes will improve her appetite. good luck and our prayers are with her. katslady

Quote Originally Posted by kittykatharine View Post
    I havent tried ice cream, but she would have nothing to do with the yogurt. She has six treatments left - she should be done December 3rd (which is ironically the day before the anniversary of Baby's passing 2 years ago). I worry about her, but she is hanging in there and seems to be doing reasonably fine. I try to take her out on the front porch, because that uplifts her spirits and makes her happy.

Any suggestions on type of ice cream? flavor?
    My Puddy loves chocolate ice cream, takes after her Mom. It's believed that many cats are lactose intolerant but that certainly is not the case w/my Fur Posse. When I was rescuing, I gave them warm heavy cream every day to put fat on them while they were still outdoors in the brutal Ohio winter and they now have the remainder of skim milk in my cereal bowl w/no side effects whatsoever. I guess cats are like people; some can tolerate lactose, some can't. Besides, you don't have to give her all that much. I sure hope she feels better and will continue to thrive. She's always in my prayers and so are you, Katherine.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I am really becoming discouraged at this point. She has been on the appetite stimulants for three days and she still isnt eating very well. She looks much skinnier than she was and she just wants to hide under the bed. I dont know that she can handle anymore chemo...she hasnt been to the vet in over three weeks, and you have guessed from her behavior that she went today. I am very very very upset. She was doing so well and now this. It makes me cry thinking about not having my baby girl with me. I am going to keep trying to feed her, please pray for her - she and I really need it.
    Sincerely,
    Kat

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!