Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help save Sydney's life!

Wow Sydney looks so good. You are doing a great job with her. Give her a head scritchie from the Dunn gang please.

She looks great and I'm glad to hear that she also has a good appetite. She'll continue to remain in my thoughts and prayers.

**UPDATE** (also posted in Candice's post)
    I'll go update my thread - sorry guys - life has become so very busy, I have been having difficulty keeping up with everything. My boyfriend is applying to 24 medical schools and I have been deemed the proof reader for all of the application essays. Sydney is doing great. She is eating and drinking normally, acts in high spirits, and is running around like normal. I haven't had any problems with her (*knock on wood). It has felt like my Sydney is back. I am keeping up with her medicine and checking in with her vet regularly. It is so funny, she has accepted our "pill time", and she takes her pills like such a good little girl. As for fundraising - my parents have been so wonderful in letting me live with them to save rent money. I also get paid every two weeks, so I put my whole paycheck towards her treatment when I get paid. My vet has been flexible with me which has made a big difference. The big expense I am a little worried about is for Sydney's week 9 treatment - which is going to be $1000 - chemo tx and her restaging. I am still trying to sell my prom dresses - although no bites yet. I will keep you all updated - Again thanks so much for the support, donations, and care. Sydney and I appreciate it from our heart!
    Sincerely,
    Kat

Rest in Peace Baby, Hercules, and Sydney - If love could have saved you, you both would have lived forever!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~Ghandi

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!

Kat - at what point does Sydney get checked to see how fast the cancer is disappearing?

Prayers for her!

When is the 9 week treatment?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm so glad to hear that Sydney is doing so well and I hope that she'll continue to do so. I'll continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Kat - at what point does Sydney get checked to see how fast the cancer is disappearing?

Prayers for her!

When is the 9 week treatment?

Sydney will be going in to see if the cancer is shrinking, etc. during week 9, for the restaging. This will consist of lots of blood work, and ultrasound, ECG, etc. Week 9 is August 15th, so approximately 2 weeks from now. I'm going to try to see if my parents can help out a little bit. I am so very nervous for that week - hopefully everything I hear is postive news and that her cancer has gone into remission. She still has bad days and good days so I don't know. Fingers crossed and constant praying is what I am going to be doing :-)
    Sincerely,
    Kat

Rest in Peace Baby, Hercules, and Sydney - If love could have saved you, you both would have lived forever!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~Ghandi

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!

IS there a place at school/work you can set up a donation can station (with permission?)

How about taking the prom dresses to a good consignment store - and if you tell the manager what the funds are for, she might let you have a donation can at her place too!

Maybe a local pet store or two would help in the same way?

Sydney has the CUTEST face! Any poster with that pic on it would melt the wallets----er, HEARTS, of everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    IS there a place at school/work you can set up a donation can station (with permission?)

How about taking the prom dresses to a good consignment store - and if you tell the manager what the funds are for, she might let you have a donation can at her place too!

Maybe a local pet store or two would help in the same way?

Sydney has the CUTEST face! Any poster with that pic on it would melt the wallets----er, HEARTS, of everyone!
    That is a great idea! I know of a consignment shop down the street and I will see what I can do (i'll use some old coffee cans to make them. Also, I will see about whether I can put a donation can up at my work. Thanks for the great ideas - Candice you are truly a super resourceful person! Thank you so much! I wanted to show you guys the CUTEST picture of sydney:

I got this one with my boyfriends phone. She is just so gorgeous to me!
    Sincerely,
    Kat

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!

I also found this pic I had of Sydney, before she had the tumor removed on her head - it definitley shows why I was so panicked about getting her treatment and quickly. She looks like a unicorn :-( My poor baby girl, she has been through alot, she is doing much better now, thank God!

Sincerely,
    Kat

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!

Quote Originally Posted by kittykatharine View Post
    That is a great idea! I know of a consignment shop down the street and I will see what I can do (i'll use some old coffee cans to make them. Also, I will see about whether I can put a donation can up at my work. Thanks for the great ideas - Candice you are truly a super resourceful person! Thank you so much! I wanted to show you guys the CUTEST picture of sydney:

I got this one with my boyfriends phone. She is just so gorgeous to me!

The face of an angel!

She is gorgeous to all of us!

I am SO happy to see her face looking so normal! The camera shot looks like a bit of swelling on the left, but that could just be the shot.

You might want to wrap the cans in a pic of her - including the one with the little bump on her head. You can always add the vet's email addy or whatever (ask the vet what the best contact method is) so people can donate directly there if they want.

It will all add up!

Glad she is doing so well - I know the vet can't say anything definite, but major PT Prayers happening here.

Sydney had her chemo drug today, and all is well! She was running around and acting herself. So no problems here. Catty1, I stopped by the consignment show by my house, but was told that she already has a can for her own cause - so I am going to try another one that i know of. I will keep you guys updated with everything is great with everyone and their furbabies!
    Sincerely,
    Kat

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!

I'm so glad she's feeling well!

Big hugs Sydney! You're so cute, and so sweet looking!! AND BRAVE!!

Some good news on the fundraising - one of my professors gave me some textbooks as a gift, so that I can sell them. After looking online, they should add up to a about $200. So I was very happy about that! News on Sydney, she has developed the sniffles, and I am going to call the vet today, to see if I can get her anything. I don't like how she is sneezing. She may have caught a cold because of her lowered immune system. So, that is my main concern for her right now. Otherwise she is still doing well. Thanks everyone!
    Sincerely,
    Kat

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!