Thread: Need Maxximum Nutrition Info

Need Maxximum Nutrition Info

Disclaimer: This isn't a thread to debate whether this is a good food or not. I am helping a friend and just need some information.

I'm trying to figure out how much to feed of Maxximum Nutrition's Puppy formula to a puppy. Being in school now I want to do it the "technical" way and calculate the puppy's RER and figure out it's kcal requirements. Only problem is I can not find any information on the food ANYWHERE!! I know it's by walmart but I really didn't want to have to go through the guaranteed analysis and figure out the kcal by hand, because it's usually off by a lot when I do it that way (since it isn't taking all ingredients into consideration, just the ones included in the guaranteed analysis).

So my question is, is there a site just for the food, or somewhere has someone else already figured out the kcal for the puppy formula? If nothing else I will do it by the guaranteed analysis but was hoping there was a site somewhere that has that information already.

Guess Canidae has spoiled me; they have it listed right on their site and bags, haha.

facebook

Wait, the bag doesn't tell you how many Kcals are in a cup? Do you have the bag with you? I thought that was a requirement for AAFCO certification.

Quote Originally Posted by Giselle View Post
    Wait, the bag doesn't tell you how many Kcals are in a cup? Do you have the bag with you? I thought that was a requirement for AAFCO certification.
    No, kcals are not required for AAFCO. They aren't mandatory. However there are guidelines IF they choose to put them on there (as in per cup, per kg, etc). I can't remember the exact specifications though, maybe i'll dig through my notes later.

And yes I have a bag but they aren't on there

facebook

*bump*

Still need some info and help if you can, please

Thank you!

facebook

*bump again*

facebook