Thread: Pet my cat, it pinch-bites then licks?

Pet my cat, it pinch-bites then licks?

I have a 7 mo old. When I'm petting him he pinch-bites then licks where he just bit me. He does this on my hand/arm only. He does this pretty hard. So I get mad and set him off me, he comes right back, I pet and it starts all over again. What's his problem?
    Last edited by hello_yall; 06-23-2008 at 09:41 PM. Reason: add

couldnt tell you whats wrong, but my sister has a cat that lets you pet it for a minute and then attacks you and then right after expects more petting..

are you petting it somewhere it doesnt like? some cats dont like there belly or feet petted. idk

It's called overstimulation. There are cats out there that will only allowed pets "briefly" and will nip when they've had enough. Never play with a kitten with your hands, as they will assume it's okay.

Keep doing what you're doing. Everytime your cat nips, put him down say "NO!!!" very firmly and walk away. He should get the hint. Also keep a water spray bottle on hand. Squirt him in the chest when he gets aggressive. That should do it.

Get him lots of toys to play with that will put his attention towards appropriate behavior.

Remember, he's a baby and has alot of energy. Good luck!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    It's called overstimulation. There are cats out there that will only allowed pets "briefly" and will nip when they've had enough. Never play with a kitten with your hands, as they will assume it's okay.

Keep doing what you're doing. Everytime your cat nips, put him down say "NO!!!" very firmly and walk away. He should get the hint. Also keep a water spray bottle on hand. Squirt him in the chest when he gets aggressive. That should do it.

Get him lots of toys to play with that will put his attention towards appropriate behavior.

Remember, he's a baby and has alot of energy. Good luck!
    What Donna said.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11