I'm considering getting either a Collie or a German Sheperd.

I've owned both before - 2 collies, a sable girl named Tasha and a tri male named Zire; and 2 Germans, a girl named Reina and a German-Lab mix named King.

Thing is, it's beign a while - I grew up with these dogs - so, I'm hoping some of you who've had more recent experience with them can help me out.

We live in the suburbs, and have a fenced-in yard. Also, we'd be doing two long walks a day (morning and evening). Grooming won't be a problem (collie), I actually love doing it and totally regret the fact that my cat won't allow it !! And of course, the doggie would be with us in the evenings and go to training classes, from puppy kindergarten onwards ...

Problem is, he has to get along with (and be completely trustworhty around) our cat,a Himmy-Ragdoll, and our other dog, a Pekingese. The other issue is, in about a year and a half, I'll probably be moving into an apartment, with just my cat and this dog (no Pekingese)...so, the most important thing is, which of these two breeds would best adapt to this change? Which one would be happy with no yard, and only two 20-minute walks per day instead, plus some extra romping on weekends?

Or, do you think neither of these breeds would be happy this way?

Please, I need feedback !! Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I love these two breeds, but I want my future buddy to be happy, so if that wouldn't be the case...then I'll look into something else