Thread: Advantix - HELP: ADVICE

Advantix - HELP: ADVICE

I know it can be very very harmful for kitties, and since I have never applied this nor frontline on my dogs before and was just wondering how you would suggest doing it. I do live in a household with a few cats that WILL come up to my pups and start grooming them, especially my Double Oh, he grooms everyone, dog, cat or human alike! So I was wondering, when I apply it should I "quarantine" them for 24 hours and confine them to my bedroom or... what would you suggest?

Sorry I sound like such a noob, but I've never used anything other than the walmart stuff before and I really don't want to end up hurting any kitties in the process.....

Thanks, guys
    Last edited by Jessika; 05-22-2008 at 10:01 PM.

facebook

I don't know what the quaranteen (sp?) period should be with cats in the house using that product. We don't carry that one at our hospital for that reason among others, we have too many multi species clients.

Try calling the 800 number that should be on the package insert, or call the vet you bought it from. That's about all I can help with, sorry.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

BUMP

We leave tomorrow so I'd like to do it tonight if possible...

facebook

I haven't used it either. My vet recommended Frontline Plus for the ticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
    I know it can be very very harmful for kitties, and since I have never applied this nor frontline on my dogs
    No idea on the Advantix. I use the Frontline Plus, and haven't had any issues with the cats, who DO groom the dogs now and again.

Anyone here who has actually used advantix can help? We're leaving tomorrow...

facebook

I usually use Frontline but did try Advantix - Sherman was ok with it but Star had a terrible reaction - she developed what looked like skin burns everywhere I put the drops. They healed eventually but I'll never use it on her again. If you use it, check the skin to make sure there's no reaction.

I have 5 cats in the house with my Artica and I would never use Advantix due to the risk of something happening with the cats. My vet here and in Canada also recommends Frontline Plus. If there is the slightest chance it could hurt my kitties it doesn't even come through the door but that is just me. I am an overprotective pet parent.

IMO I would make an exchange for Frontline Plus and ditch the Advantix. I haven't heard many good things about it anyway. Good Luck.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Ugh well, too late now as we're leaving in 15 minutes, gonna use what I have, apply it at the campsite... at least they'll be away from any kitties for 3 days! And I'll be sure to watch them like a hawk even after they return home. I'll also keep an eye on rashes... thanks for the help...

Funny though, looking through reviews via google Advantix always was recommended over frontline, well not always but in general. Plus I read a LOT saying Advantix was not waterproof, but I'm reading in the booklet and it says it persists even after baths and swimming, so I assume it is.

Thanks, guys

facebook