Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: gas prices in your area?

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    It was $3.99 yesterday in San Francisco; today I paid $4.03 for self-serve unleaded

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

I knew that Europe usually paid more for gas but I wasn't aware it was that much! I really wish I lived closer to all of the places I need to get to.

Niņo & Eliza

Quote Originally Posted by kittycats_delight View Post
    I could only wish for $4.00 a gallon we are currently paying 1,47 euro a liter which is basically 5,88 euro a gallon which is $9.21 a gallon.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong but don't also overseas they pay certain taxes with their gas, like I know in MO you get lower gas prices since we have to pay to license and title our vehicles when we buy them, but my understanding is that in other countries you don't have to pay to license and/or title your car but pay for it through gas instead?

If that isn't the case then I have no idea where I got that then lol

Oooh, or in some places they don't have to pay personal property tax but instead pay higher gas taxes to make up for it? Maybe thats what I'm thinking of. I believe that is in the US though, some states you don't have to pay personal property but pay higher gas prices.

facebook

The taxes on gas have nothing to do with other fees in the state. High service/high tax states have high taxes.

Im MA, for instance, you pay sales tax on the vehicle on purchase, annual excise tax to the town on the value of the vehicle, gas tax, property taxes, sales tax on the gas, and annual registration fees.

In other news related to gas prices, the idiots in Congress are going to try to sue OPEC.....

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNe...rpc=22&sp=true

Guys, here's a hint......if the entity doesn't exist within your borders, you're going to have a tough time even finding a court to take the case.

They walk among us............and in this case we've elected them to leadership.

Time to clean house.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

The broom is worn out ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post

They walk among us ............ and in this case we've elected them to leadership.

Time to clean house.
    We need a New Broom ... the old one isn't working so well ...

Example - My wondrous State of Ohio:

The previous power trust had an Attorney General accused of all sorts of corruption,
    shady deals, favoritism ... who coasted along till the last election.

Enter the New Guy - campaigned as the Straight Shooter who was gonna "Clean House"
    and be the Good Cop - root out all the *evil* in Ohio. He got elected.

"New" AG Marc Dann lasted a year anna half ... till the Word got out that HE
    wasn't much better than his predecessor!
    Seems ole Marc had hired a few not-so-swifties as his right handers, personally ignored
    some sexual harassment situations in the ole AG's own office ...
    AND 'forgot' he was married with kids.

Took a while, but we just got rid of HIM ... who's NEXT??

And we wonder why gas prices are so high!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong but don't also overseas they pay certain taxes with their gas, like I know in MO you get lower gas prices since we have to pay to license and title our vehicles when we buy them, but my understanding is that in other countries you don't have to pay to license and/or title your car but pay for it through gas instead?

If that isn't the case then I have no idea where I got that then lol

Oooh, or in some places they don't have to pay personal property tax but instead pay higher gas taxes to make up for it? Maybe thats what I'm thinking of. I believe that is in the US though, some states you don't have to pay personal property but pay higher gas prices.
    Well, I know we have to pay the 'bollo' on the car every year by the end of January. I am pretty sure that is the same as licensing. And we had to pay some type of fee, I can't remember what it is called, when we bought the car. Also every 2 years we have to have the car put under revision to ensure it meets the EU standards for emissions (changing of all filters etc) and drivablity. We also have something called 'bollino blu' which is a tag that you have to have on your car to say it was emissions tested and is within the standard. The 'bollino blu' is different the revision though. Without a 'bollino blu' on your vehicle you cannot drive within the city. And if caught doing so you will be fined and/or the car can be impounded.

Michelle

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    $3.77 here a couple days ago.
    Yesterday- $3.81
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

rumors about $4

all day yesterday, rumors swirled around in columbus that the price would go to over $4. i oipped my tank, for $13 at $3.67. and i was happy to make sure it was filled b/4 going to the bark park in findley
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

$3.89-$3.98. I drive 20 miles to work and back every day. It's almost costing me to work.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Looks like I'll be staying home this summer. Although my best friend has a beach house in Niantic, so I usually go there for a few days. THAT is my vacation.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

$3.98 here in the Cleveland, Ohio area.

Highest I've seen here is $4.09. UGH!!! It's just too EFFIN high!!!
    Last edited by moosmom; 05-21-2008 at 11:17 AM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

In my area currently it is $1.25 a liter but we get a 3 cent discount at Safeway so only pay $1.22. Which works out to $4.57 a gallon. It costs about $125 to fill our suburban but luckily it is pretty good on gas and can go a fair distance on that compared to some suburbans.
    Nicole

Southeastern Michigan - $3.99 this morning.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Quote Originally Posted by joycenalex View Post
    i oipped my tank, for $13 at $3.67.
    oipped? What does that mean?

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10