Thread: Dogs on Death Row: BURNED in house fire

Dogs on Death Row: BURNED in house fire

Any Word on These Poor Pups?????
    Did they find a Home????Poor,Poor Babies!!!!
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

These dogs were posted on my blog, but I have not heard if they've found homes. As of yesterday they had not. There was one other one, Old Fluff, but he found a home several days ago.

I have more of the animals from that shelter that will die today if not adopted before closing. You can check it out here: http://afurryfriend.wordpress.com/

While this is an older posting, thought I would add some 'food for thought' for future situations like this.

Many times when a family looses their home to fire, there is a financially burden also (even if they have insurance). Of course the humans are also going through a bit of personal shock. At the time there may not seem to be a way to keep their pets, but with a little help from outsiders it can have a happy ending.

First off, is foster care for maybe a month. This allows the family to find a place to live, and if lucky allows pets. If a foster home can't be found, start a little fund drive and check with a local kennel for a discount.

Second, they may be on hard times money wise, simply offering to provide the basics like food, heart worm prevention and flea prevention for several months could make all the difference.

Most families don't want to give up their pet, but simply are overwhelmed by the loss of their home.

Just a little $$ can help keep a pet with their family.

I fostered a cat many years ago for a lady who lost her home, two months later kitty and owner were happily united again for life.

I've also have 12 years experience working with fire victims, and have seen what the families go through first hand. Unfortunately, many times the family pet is lost in the fire.