Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fister is going to have a few teeth pulled... Update with pics!

Fister is going to have a few teeth pulled... Update with pics!

... and I'm worried about the anethesia. He will be 12 soon. If any of you have advice about this, I'll appreciate it. I know I will have to starve him from bedtime.

Recently, when Fister went for his vacciantion and blood work, the vet said that Fister had a slightly lose tooth in the front and one other looked as if it should be pulled soon.

I'm starting a job on tuesday, so I went by the vets today to see if they have time tomorrow - they do. I'll call the vet early in the morning and arrange the time. A friend of mine who has a car, will come and help get him over there.

Please send lots of good thoughts that it will go well!
    Last edited by Randi; 06-24-2008 at 07:31 AM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I've never had an experience with Groucho being put under and I do understand your concern. While I can't offer any advice or insight, I do offer my support to you and many prayers for sweet Fister. Please let us know how things go? Thinking of both of you!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Thank you, momcat! Oh, I forgot to ask... can I let him drink during the night?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Good idea to get him in before you start work, Randi. Our girls have all had their teeth cleaned under anaesthetic and always have been find after it. The girls will be keeping all their paws crossed for Fister having a trouble-free time at the vet.

You should leave water down. No food after midnight. That is the advice we are always given.

<we better call God> <dials God>

Hi God ~

Do Tubby & Peanut have their International PassPorts?
    Anna 'nuff Gas inna Silver Klowd to make it to Denmark?

Better set Your 'larm klok purdy earlie --- thoze Denmarkerz git up REAL urlee!
    We'd all 'preciate it iffin You'd sit in onna Fister Sir Jury ... Doc's gonna yank a kupple tooferz.

Maybe You kuld sit inna Gas Chair - an monitor the Kid's breathin whilst he's "under".

An please give Momma Randi sum big {{{God'sHugs}}}.
    THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

--------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post

... and I'm worried about the anethesia. He will be 12 soon.

Fister went for his vacciantion and blood work ...

Poor Fister!
    And poor, worried Mom!

We've got God onna case now; and with the earlier Blood Tests, Doc should be
    able to determine that there won't be any anethesia problems.

{{{HUGS}}} while you wait tomorrow!!

Aww, thank you!!

Phred, in any case, Tubby and Peanut have their ID's.

KK, I normally ask the vet to give him as little as possible, and will this time too. I'm glad he's a decent guy and very skilled in what he does. He had an orange boy himself, and he knows how much I love Fister and how close John was to Fister too, so I'm sure he'll do his best.

Yes, I will have to ring him before 9.00 and arrange the visit. It's a strange feeling... I have never made a vet appointment this late, but then - I don't have so much time to worry.

I have to admit, I had an extra glass of wine with my dinner to calm my nerves. Fister doesn't have a clue of course. I will certainly spend a lot of time to cuddle with Fister tonight.

Now, unless I get any qualified replies to whether Fister is allowed to drink or not, I think I'll leave half a glass of water for him in the bedroom, and empty the Pet Mate. I know humans are allowed to drink a bit.

My Pidge is 18 now and she had her teeth cleaned just a few months ago, was put under anesthesia and had no problems whatsoever, so don't worry. Fister will be fine but we'll say a prayer for good measure.....
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Fingers and paws crossed, and prayers said. [[[Fister]]]
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Filou has to get his teeth cleaned- and with his kidney situation he can only have the slightest possible anesthesia- he is only gone like an hour or so.
    I hope they can make it that easily with Fister.
    We keep the paws crossed for him!

Oh I am sure all will go good.. I know we worry so much about our babies at the Vets with surgury.. Get well soon wittle one.. Sending Prayers & Lots of Huggss..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Medusa, it's comforting to know that Pidge handled it so well. I wonder if there are different kinds of anesthesia.

Barbara, thank you, and I hope so too! Filou is about the same age as Fister, as far as I remember.

Should I let him drink during the night?

I dont think they are too drink water after midnight.. Thats what my Vet said with each of my babies getting fixed thru surgery..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Thanks for your reply, lvpets2002. I'm going to bed very soon, although it's only just after 22.00. I'll leave the glass of water for now, as I know he likes a sip after reading in bed. Then I'll remove it when I go to the bathroom later.

He's just had a bit of dry food - and then I removed it.

Fingers and paws crossed for our pal Fister. Please check in when it is all over. My Ripley just had some teeth removed at his last dental as well. He did fine and I am sure Fister will too. Ripley had to take an antibiotic afterward as a precaution.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    I'll leave the glass of water for now, as I know he likes a sip after reading in bed.
    I am so impressed that Fister reads in bed! LOL! (haha! I know what you meant, but it just struck my silly bone! )

Thanks Pam! what is your opinion on whether he can drink during the night? I'll leave this open another 10 min. to see if anyone can tell me.