Thread: ANy guesses

ANy guesses

Here are my dogs, can you guess the breed.

Samoyeds?

Shepherd/Sammy mix?
    I've Been Frosted

Guess

Hmm, well I could see some sheperd in there... possibly. Now I'm thinking, depending on size, either samoyed or maybe american eskimo? I dunno...

Answer

They are actually a husky/samoyed mix, they are my first dogs and they are the so great, they are very smart and everybody that meets them instantly fall in love with them.

I was gonna guess Siberian Husky/Samoyed! They are very pretty boys! We'd love to see lots more pics of them! WELCOME to PT!!! My name is Lexie. I have a Siberian Husky. A wonderful breed! Not for everyone though. You are a brave person to have your first dogs be two high energy puppies! I couldn't do it!LOL
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

What other breeds can have those split brown/blue eyes? Because their eyes look just like my Jamie's. Not one brown one blue, but one eye is brown AND blue. So... perhaps a TINY bit of Aussie? hehe.

Regardless they're beautiful!

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
    What other breeds can have those split brown/blue eyes? Because their eyes look just like my Jamie's. Not one brown one blue, but one eye is brown AND blue. So... perhaps a TINY bit of Aussie? hehe.

The eye color is like an Aussie, but nothing else about these puppies resembles the breed. Remember my rescue, Rally? She looked to be Siberian Husky/Malinois mix and had marble eyes.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Maybe it's a recessive gene from a long-lost Aussie ancestor.... hehe

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika View Post

Your dogs eye color is coming from the merle gene your dog carries... which these 2 Sammie/Husky mixes do not have.

I've had a blue merle collie with one brown eye and the other eye was half blue and half brown.... so its not just aussies.. it has to do with the merle gene.
    If you're gonna breed Collies, don't you forget to breed in the brains and common sense. Without that you won't have a Collie, you'll have just another dog.

I've Been BOO'd!!

Samoyed\Siberian Husky? I really think that's right.

Siberian huskies can have split/parti-colored eyes too. It's even included in the breed standard.
    http://www.akc.org/breeds/siberian_husky/index.cfm
    Photos http://www.huskycolors.com/eye.html

So they wouldn't need to be mixed with aussie or any other merle colored dog to get eyes like that. I haven't heard of huskies having the dropped pupils and such that are associated with the merle gene http://www.lethalwhites.com/eyes.html but they can have patches of a different color in their eyes.

They definitely look like husky/samoyed mixes to me, they are absolutely beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_Q View Post
    Siberian huskies can have split/parti-colored eyes too. It's even included in the breed standard.
    http://www.akc.org/breeds/siberian_husky/index.cfm
    Photos http://www.huskycolors.com/eye.html

So they wouldn't need to be mixed with aussie or any other merle colored dog to get eyes like that. I haven't heard of huskies having the dropped pupils and such that are associated with the merle gene http://www.lethalwhites.com/eyes.html but they can have patches of a different color in their eyes.

They definitely look like husky/samoyed mixes to me, they are absolutely beautiful!
    same here... just what I was gonna say when I saw this topic....

very pretty dogs you have!!
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Sucha handsome fellas! You need to show them off LOTS more!! Te hee.

And they are puppies just now as well? Oh my, yes, get that camera going and start posting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_Q View Post
    I haven't heard of huskies having the dropped pupils and such that are associated with the merle gene http://www.lethalwhites.com/eyes.html but they can have patches of a different color in their eyes.

Yeah.. I was talking to Jessika as to why her aussies eyes are like they are.. not why the Sammie/Husky mixes are like that. I agree.. they do look like this mix and are beautiful dogs!!

Also just alittle added info... the dropped pupils etc.. are associated with double merles/double dilutes/lethal whites (all the samething) not regular merles...

Here is my girl with the eye that is part blue and part brown

If you're gonna breed Collies, don't you forget to breed in the brains and common sense. Without that you won't have a Collie, you'll have just another dog.

I've Been BOO'd!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritwind View Post
    Your dogs eye color is coming from the merle gene your dog carries... which these 2 Sammie/Husky mixes do not have.

I've had a blue merle collie with one brown eye and the other eye was half blue and half brown.... so its not just aussies.. it has to do with the merle gene.
    I know it has to do with the merling gene and I also know that Aussies aren't the only breed that has it; I know BCs do also among other breeds, it just slipped my mind at the time.

Double-merle mixes have some messed up results, though, it blows my mind how people are still so ignorant to breed them...

But still how do they have those eyes? Did someone explain it and I'm just too brain dead to have realized it?

EDIT: NM I see now. I don't know nearly as much about huskies as I do about herding breeds.

facebook