Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jackie Keeps Having Fits

Still thinking of Jackie and sending more prayers out. I hope she doesn't have any more seizures. It's so sad. {{{{{JACKIE}}}}}

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I had a dog who had seizures for years. I know how frightening they are. Dilly didn't start having them until she was poisoned. Some jerk was poisoning dogs in town with rat poison. She was outside in her pen, not bothering any one while I was at work. The vet saved her but she had the seizures off and on until she passed. She was on med that couldn't control the seizures but did damage her liver.

I got so I could tell when one was coming. She would start looking around like she was seeing things that weren't there and creeping around looking in corners. Her eyes didn't focus when she looked at me. Like she didn't even see me. Sometimes I could head a seizure off by giving her her med when I noticed her doing that. The days she didn't have seizures though, were great for us both.

Prayers are with you and Jackie.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The pacing and whining were more due to the valium than the seizure for Snoopy. The standing in corners was still a side effect of the seizure- he would also run into walls - so sad to experience all that. During the last couple of weeks of his life when he started to have more frequent seizures he would cry too.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

lotsa experience here

jackie, a wonderful website for dogs with fits is www.canine-epilepsy.com. join us. epilepsy IS NOT a death sentence. alex the wonder dog, lived and lived well for 11 years with seizures. i'll be home monday, you can PM me with any questions. and yes, i do understand about thinking about "borrowing" half a pill
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Quote Originally Posted by joycenalex View Post
    jackie, a wonderful website for dogs with fits is www.canine-epilepsy.com. join us. epilepsy IS NOT a death sentence. alex the wonder dog, lived and lived well for 11 years with seizures. i'll be home monday, you can PM me with any questions. and yes, i do understand about thinking about "borrowing" half a pill

Thanks a lot for the link Joyce.

It was another rough night here. Jackie didn't have any fits but was whining and pacing all night. I just wish she would calm down and make it through a night normally.

Yesterday evening she peed on the floor about 15 minutes after we came in from a walk, which is so out of the ordinary for her. I stood up and walked her around the block three times last night, and she wouldn't go at all. This morning she went for what seems like forever. Usually the first thing she does when we gets out is pee/poo even if she doesn't really need too. Now it seems like she is holding it. I can't figure it out.

how's jackie today?
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.