Thread: helping unwanted dogs

helping unwanted dogs

I am thinking of ways to help unwanted dogs all over the world. Does anyone want to help or have any ideas?

I posted on the rescue topic and yes my husband and I are very interested in rescue, but no particular breed...mixed would be fine with us.

Well, as I have mentioned when I just replied to your idea on the rescue section I think it's a good idea to start an international rescue club. Would you like to join if such a club is started???

I would be interested, however, we have no place to house any rescues right now. I would be willing to do what I could.

Take a look @ 2 websites:
    www.hua.org www.angelsforanimals.net

This may give you some ideas.

Im only 10 years old but i want to make the world a better place....you sound like a nice person who is very sensitive to the animal world you also obviously think that every animal should have a home and if they dont why expose them to even more poverty and abuse.....I feel the same way...I want to do something but i already have 3 pets....What can i do

------------------
    TAYLOR DIANE CALVERT

Hi Taylor,
    I think it is great that you feel that way also. More people should.
    At 10 years old you CAN do something to help animals. Encourage everyone you know that has a pet to have their pets spayed or neutered so that unwanted puppies or kittens will not be born. This will prevent future unwanted pets. It is a start to the big problem that is out there with unwanted pets! Good luck!

I am only 11 years old so I can't do much. I would love to do anything to make the world a better place. As an adult I plan to have a RETIRED GREYHOUND RACERS program. And also breede Australian Cattledogs. I will tell my friends to spay or neuter their pets. I want to volunteer at the animal shelter but I am afraid I am too young. And their are no nearby animal shelters. The closest one is about 45 minutes away, but I am willin to do anything.

~~*Rachel*~~

I think people should encourage their friends who want to get pets to go to an animal shelter. I went to a shelter and got the best dog I have ever owned- a wonderful pit bull mix! There are so many dogs in shelters who need a home, I will always go to a shelter to get my pets.