Thread: And he said he wouldn't mope.

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?

And he said he wouldn't mope.

Smudge liec, he did mope on Friday that is until I brought Winter home from the vet and then he wouldn't leave her alone that is until she growled at him. The princess was still a little doped up at that moment in time.

Anyway Winter's hips are fine and dandy which is good however her left knee isn't so fine and dandy the acl has moved away from the knee a bit and the vet could either move the bones together or not move the bones together I can't remember what one either way the vet said that it should heal on it's own in a couple of months which means no agility or flyball or hard activites for the Winter girl which is kind of a bummer but I'd rather have a healthy dog then one that can't walk.

The vet also said that if she was a 20 pounds heavier then she is (she weighs 28.8lbs right now) he'd be worried but that I keep her at such a good weight for her that all she is is muscle sinew and bone.

It's good knowing what's wrong with her because know that I think about it she's been sort of favoring her left leg pretty much ever since I got her, you know standing so that her left leg has the least amount of weight on it, limping at times (we always just thought that that was because she hit it or something because it wouldn't last long.) and sometimes when she lies on her right side she won't put her left leg down she just sticks it out in the air.

That's about it though otherwise she's a healthy happy puppy who got a new collar for being such a good girl the other day.

Yes I spoil them
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

I'm so glad that Winter is doing so well and that you have a definitive diagnosis. I'm very sorry the Winter girl will be off the agility field. But, as you say, better you have a whole and happy pupster. I'm sure you, Winter and Smudge will find lots of other things to keep you busy! And what a good girl she was! I'll bet she's wearing her new collar proudly! Hugs to you sweet Winter girl from Sandra, Cody and Star!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I'm glad that Winter is going to be just fine, even though she won't be able to do any running or jumping anytime soon. I'm sure you and Smudge will find something to keep her occupied

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Glad to hear that Winter will be fine. The vet said the acl will heal by itself? That's very good news.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

That is wonderful news!!!

Wonderful news!!!

Such great news!!

Good News!

Glad to hear better news about Winter.

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    Your right Sandra she is modeling her new collar it's blue with dasies on it, her old one was cool it had sheep but when I saw this one at a store in Bragg Creek I just had to by it I also got Smudge one with the different totem animals that the West Coast Tribes use.

And yes Smudge and I will keep Winter busy, we can still do light walks and stuff like that but no hard out running so maybe I'll work some more on her obdeince training I've been sort of slacking off with it at times but Smudge can still compete thankfully I don't know what I would do if I couldn't do at least some agility.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!