#1 Today, 10:27 AM
MoonandBean
and now sunny too Join Date: Apr 2008

Senior Golden Retriever needs home

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I HATE this but...my co-worker rescued a Golden retriever around 2 years ago from a rescue group in upstate NY (Binghamton). His name is Dillon and he's very sweet and energetic. Probably not any more energetic than any other 10 year old Golden but they feel he's too active for them. She and her husband are older and the husband has lung disease and they just don't want to keep Dillon. My friend and I visited them at their lakehouse and took Dillon in the kayak with us; it was so cute. He loves to play in and around the water and they just don't do it with him. He does go for a 45 minute walk in the morning but from what I can tell, that's it for his daily exercise and then he's hyper all day...poor baby; wants to go play by the lake. They called the rescue as they believed they would have to surrender him back to them but they said they won't take him back because he's a senior dog (??). She is looking for a home for him but mentioned the humane society (gasp). Our local humane society is pretty much no kill and I'm sure he'd get adopted but I told her I would put this on PT and see if anyone would want him. I can't take him as I have 2 cats and just adopted a puppy and an adult dog would put my cats and my housemate over the edge

If anyone can help or has any other thoughts, let me know.
Thanks,
Deb