Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will go to hospital for a long time (update #46)

Will go to hospital for a long time (update #46)

With all the health problems I have (it basically affects almost everything meanwhile) my doctor decided to send me to hospital. Actually it would be more like a treatment at a health resort. I just need to get out of this vicious circle of constant worrying and existencial fears which made me so ill that my thyroid gland disease and all the other hormonal endocrinological problems are acting up and make me feel so bad that I barely function. I will have to stay at least 6 weeks, maybe more.

At this point, I don't know where I'm going to, and I don't know when (probably next week).

Of course that means I have to part with my girls for a very long time! The thought of being seperated from Luna and Lily really breaks my heart, and I already miss them. I can't imagine not to have them around, not to be there for them, as I promised them I always would be.

They will stay at home while I'm away, being looked after by my mother. A neighbor also wanted to care for them, but she was admitted to hospital herself today with severe thyroid problems.

I won't be here on Lily's 5th birthday on May 23rd, nor will I be here on Luna's 8th Gotcha Day on June 5th. This makes me so sad! And I will miss at least the beginning of the European Soccer Championship to which I was so much looking foward to. But I hope this time off will help me to finally get some rest and recover my strength a bit...

I will let you know when I'm leaving...

Kirsten
    Last edited by Kirsten; 05-23-2008 at 12:51 PM.

oh no Kirsten! We miss you already! Can't believe you're going to be gone for such a long time!

*********HUGS*********

We hope you feel better soon! *HUGS*

Aw, Kirsten you certainly will be missed. You will be in my thoughts and prayers and so will your furry babies. As hard as it is, you have to take care of yourself first.

(((HUGS)))
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers, Kirsten. I know how hard it is to be away from home for a few days. That's difficult enough. You are very brave. I hope everything comes out well for you.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Kirsten,

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Kirsten - can we send cards to you care of your mom?

If you have an address we can use, please let us know.

I know you will miss your girls tremendously - too bad you don't have a friend who could "live in" while you are away.

However - I am glad you are getting 6 weeks of rest, where your condition can be assessed and medications, if any, figured out properly.

Can you get any government income while you are away?

HUGS!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

We hope this time away will be the rest and recuperation time you sorely need. If there's an address at which we could reach you, when you find it out, will you PM it to me, so I can let people know? And as for missing certain "holidays" with the girls, just think of the party you will have when you reunite.
    I've Been Frosted

Get the rest that you need and get healthy! I know it will be hard for you to be away from your girls, but it sounds like you sure need this.

If you have Internet access i hope you can keep us updated on your progress.

This has got to be so hard on you - but if it works as planned will be worth it in the end.

We will miss you, and the girls. Do you suppose you might have time to teach Luna and/or Lily the basics of the . Then they could keep us up to date on everyone.

sweetheart i know your heart is breaking at leaving the kitties,we all can relate, but you have to do what you have to do, taking care of number one , yourself to get well, so you can be around your kitties once again soon and take care of them, I hope you get better soon and wish you well for your recovery, take care sweetie, all the best.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Kirsten, I'm so sorry that this has to happen but on the bright side, if this recuperation period can fix you up for good, then let it happen. Of course you missed deeply miss Lily and Luna and I know that they will miss you too.

Six weeks is a long time to be away. We will miss you.

Have a good rest and come back healthy!!!

(((hugs)))
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Oh, Kirsten, I'm so sorry.. such an ordeal, and all that time away from your girls.

We are all praying that the doctors will find out what's really going on and come up with just the treatment to fix it.

We will all be thinking of you and saying more prayers and doing our dances and chanting and sending our love and healing energies. And we will send cards also, when we know where to send them.

Love, hugs, and purrs,
    Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Go get yourself well! That is what is impoirtant. In the long run, Lily and Luna and you will be better because you are well. Just keep remembering that when you are missing them and feeling guilty for breaking your promise to them. You will be missed but you needn't worry about anything but getting well!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Gosh...I wish I could take a holiday to Germany right now!

Barbara? kittycatsdelight? Wanna do shifts?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Kirsten, I'm sure you'll miss your fur babies but not to worry; they don't know that it's their birthdays or gotcha days. And think of the wonderful reunion you'll have upon your return. Take the time you need to get well; if it's 6 weeks or more, so be it. You can't take good care of your girls if you don't take care of yourself first. This is a blessing in disguise and may just be what you need to turn things around. In the meantime, know that all your PT friends will be praying for you and your fur babies and they'll be well taken care of.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11