Thread: what on earth?? :(

what on earth?? :(

Last night I brought home two more guppies and 2 cory cats to add to my tank. My water quality is measuring just right and the rest of the fish are happy and healhty but the two new guppies are dead I guess I had better call petsmart and let them know.
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Could just be stress from the move, or they got a bad batch. It happens a lot, if you want to take the dead guppies and take them back to petsmart they will usually refund you

facebook

ahh they were only a few dollars so I'm not worried about a refund. I'm bummed that they died though My husband specifically requested those turquoise guppies because they are his favorite.
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Probably something to do with the changeover from tanks. Sometimes the store has a different ph or something else. Or maybe that strain of guppy isn't as hardy as others. When you get into the really pretty colors, the strain can sometimes lose hardiness. I'm usually not worried about a few dollars either, but I'd exchange them and see if it happens again.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I guess it couldn't hurt to try

Yeah they usually have a *very* good return/exchange policy on freshwater fish. PetCo and Petsmart both do, if I remember, though its been awhile since I worked at PetCo people would bring their "deceased" fish back all the time. 9/10 times though it was from fault of their own... but there were a few times when it was maybe... stress from transport or change of climate. Did they *just* get the shipment in? That's when we had most of our fish returned dead would be after we got a truck in. If they settle in our tank for a few days then they were usually fine.

facebook