Thread: Tiger Ranch charges dropped!

Tiger Ranch charges dropped!

Lin Marie had her hearing yesturday and the charges were dropped against her due to lack of evidence/ info on the cats. Personally I'm happy for her and I hope life can go on for her, she can keep caring for animals...but in a more supported, controlled environment. Just thought I'd start a new thread on this...see how everyone's thoughts on the case are.

Tiger Ranch chzrges dropped

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinter's_mommy
    Lin Marie had her hearing yesturday and the charges were dropped against her due to lack of evidence/ info on the cats. Personally I'm happy for her and I hope life can go on for her, she can keep caring for animals...but in a more supported, controlled environment. Just thought I'd start a new thread on this...see how everyone's thoughts on the case are.
    I am so glad to hear this news. I truly believe with all of my heart that Lin Marie was doing the best she could. I have 13 cats and kittens at home and they are sometimes harder to take care of then my five children. I hope that if she continues running the ranch that people will help her in any way they can. If I had a car I would definitely volunteer my time. As a matter of fact, if anyone ever decides they can volunteer a few hours, please come and pick me up. I would be delighted to help in any way I can. I was one of the people who took cats to Tiger Ranch. Anyway, I am just so excited for Lin Marie. Innocent people will prevail. She had God on her side. Rebecca

Dropping the charges due to lack of evidence does not mean innocence.

Don't get them confused.

By the way, God had nothing to do with it, so leave him out of this fiasco. I think he'd rather have seen innocent animals unharmed in this case, rather than dead. I'd say her getting off this easily is more about luck. Too bad the cats had none.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but she got off too easily.

Actually, I'm not sorry I worded it harshly. I hate apologizing just to appease others.

Tiger Ranch charges dropped

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian
    Dropping the charges due to lack of evidence does not mean innocence.

Don't get them confused.

By the way, God had nothing to do with it, so leave him out of this fiasco. I think he'd rather have seen innocent animals unharmed in this case, rather than dead. I'd say her getting off this easily is more about luck. Too bad the cats had none.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but she got off too easily.

Actually, I'm not sorry I worded it harshly. I hate apologizing just to appease others.
    Lin Marie had many people from everywhere drop cats and kittens off to her ranch. She took care of them as well as anyone of us. Could you make sure that 700 cats were taken care of? Of course, some are going to die. In the first place, some people probably brought their cats to Lin Marie without shots and possibly half way dead already. I have 13 cats and I love them with all my heart. They are strays that showed up at my door. I cannot give them all the medical attention they deserve. There was no possible way that Lin Marie could tend to 700 cats. She is not God. And I really hate leaving God out of this situation because that is why she is free today. He knew she was doing the best she could and he let her out of jail for that reason. If she was purposely toturing the cats, I could see where your coming from. She did the best she could do in her situation. I believe that if anyone should take any blame at all, it should be all of the people that dropped their cats off to Lin Marie. I dropped some cats off myself. I never realized she had that many cats; otherwise, I most likely would not have dropped them off. I hope that Lin Marie can continue helping cats and that we all contribute in some way. Maybe money, maybe time, something to help. You are being to harsh and I don't believe that you really know what it takes to take care of animals; otherwise you would not be so judgmental.

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccahowes
    You are being to harsh and I don't believe that you really know what it takes to take care of animals; otherwise you would not be so judgmental.
    Yeahhhhhhh.... which shows how much you really do know me.

I'm guessing you also don't know the meaning of the word "hypocrite", as you are doing some judging in your statement.

What she succeeded in was not caring for the animals, although it probably started that way.

I take in the number of animals that I can responsibly care for. If I can't care for them, it's not in their best interests or mine for them to be here. Think about quality of care vs. quantity of animals. You can't do them any good if you can't take care of them. I don't care what number of animals anyone has... you can't take care of them, can't afford to take them to the vet, that's not helping them.

I stand by my statements. You want to get personal about me, take it to a private message.

To Jenn

Jenn, did you know Lin Marie personally? I did know her, volunteered for her, and took some cats to get spayed there, but took them back to the farm I got them. I understand your anger and hope that you can someday get past this, but she really isn't a bad person, but just in a bad situation. All I'm saying is I hope she relives her goal to start over, but with limitations. I hope she has learned her limitations and re-evaluates her views on euthanasia and who gives her animals so she doesn't get overpopulated. Thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinter's_mommy
    Jenn, did you know Lin Marie personally? I did know her, volunteered for her, and took some cats to get spayed there, but took them back to the farm I got them. I understand your anger and hope that you can someday get past this, but she really isn't a bad person, but just in a bad situation. All I'm saying is I hope she relives her goal to start over, but with limitations. I hope she has learned her limitations and re-evaluates her views on euthanasia and who gives her animals so she doesn't get overpopulated. Thats all.
    UGH. You really over analyzed my post. I'm not angry nor hostile about Lin Marie. I never said she was a "bad person". There's nothing for me to get past... not sure what you are implying by that statement. The entire situation was sad and upsetting, and unfortunately, there are others just like happening all around the country.

If she starts again, and it ends up the way this past situation did, that would be a tragedy. I hope that if she does continue in rescue, she re-evaluate her process and the number of animals she takes in.

You take in what you can handle responsibly. If you can't care for them, can't get them spayed and neutered and they end up having more kittens, you're adding to the problem. If they are sick, and you can't take them to the vet, and they either spread the illness or die, how is that helping them? It's not. It may make you feel better saying "Oh, I rescued ___ number of cats.", but does it make you feel better when you also should admit you can't care for them properly, and that you're adding to the overpopulation situation?

It may sound heartless, but, you can't save them all.