Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rescue - Cedar Waxwing **New Photos**

Rescue - Cedar Waxwing **New Photos**

Thought I'd show some photos of my first rescue this year.

It's a female cedar waxwing, very healthy and eating out of my hand but...

She has a injured leg (not broken) so she needs some time to heal.

Last edited by Argranade; 04-04-2008 at 10:10 AM.

How so precious is this wittle one.. Look this baby is just sitting in your hand.. How Sweet..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

oh my, how sweet ... she must know she is safe with you, Argranade!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

She's absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for helping her! Do all the injured birds in Ontario know to come to your house? Have you checked the roof to see if they've painted a big star on it for other birds?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    She's absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for helping her! Do all the injured birds in Ontario know to come to your house? Have you checked the roof to see if they've painted a big star on it for other birds?
    Thank you everyone!

I don't know why but injured or birds in need of help always seem to find there way to me, for instance one day a found an injured seagull then the next day I found a sick pigeon that needed some care, I don't treat sick or badly injured birds so both went to a wild life center and they will be released.

It's such a joy helping nature, the hardest part is letting them go lol.

The Waxwing is doing very well, she loves the wild (safe) berries I picked for her.

Wow, that's a beautiful bird. I wish we had those here.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

What an absolutely BEAUTIFUL bird!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

What a cutie. We had some sort of berry bushes outside our main classroom building at college and I used to love watching the waxwings rather than paying attention to the professors.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

So beautiful! We don't have those birds around here I don't think.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Hey,

Thought I'd do another update on her.

She's started to use her (hurt) leg and she's moving around allot more now, she also loves to cuddle beside me and will make purring sounds lol. When I was setting up her large cage she followed me hand around and started playing with the twigs and swings, from all the wild birds I've rescued I've never seen one warm up to me this fast. She also eats ALLOT in just a few gulps, she eats apple slices, zupreem pellets, banana along with her wild berries. I just hope she'll start using her wings because so far she can't get on inch off the ground. Below are some new and better photos of her. Thanks Everyone!

I just can't get over how beautiful she is! Glad to see she's doing better.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

She is delightful. I hope she makes a full recovery. Thank you for helping her and for sharing her with us!

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

amazing bird!!... and much more amazing is how "tame" she seems to be....

good luck with her.... I bet it would be hard to let her go.......if she ever wants to go... she seems so bonded to you...
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

She is so pretty! She knows she is safe with you!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    She is really spectacular, that's so awesome that you help them out the way you do. Bird Whisperer.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer