Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you panini?

Do you panini?

I just bought a panini maker and I am having so much fun. I bought sliced sourdough and a big bag of shredded mozzarella cheese, some sun dried tomatoes, marinated artichoke hearts, thin sliced turkey, black olives and mushrooms. The possibilities are endless!

I made a scrambled egg and bacon one this morning, it was really good too. Anyone else have one?
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I wish! I LOVE Paninis!

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr
    I wish! I LOVE Paninis!
    Well it was 39 bucks at costco, go for it!

I have been frosted!

Yummy!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I bought one at Target. I LOVE it!!! It can also lie flat and be used as a griddle with alternate plates as well. Paninis are so yummy! I was also making Reubens and some hot pastrami sandwiches. The past week I've been using the griddle to make pancakes.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian
    I bought one at Target. I LOVE it!!! It can also lie flat and be used as a griddle with alternate plates as well. Paninis are so yummy! I was also making Reubens and some hot pastrami sandwiches. The past week I've been using the griddle to make pancakes.
    Mine doesn't do all that! What brand did you buy?

I have been frosted!

Granted, it's more expensive than I wanted to pay, but I'm using it a lot...

Grill/Panini Press

That looks pretty nice if you use it its worth it.

I have been frosted!

That's why I'm making sure I'm using it. I don't have a griddle or anything else, so, I'm using it for whatever I can. I normally don't buy something that expensive... I don't have a waffle maker, but I figured I'd just make pancakes instead of those since they are basically the same.

The only issue I have is that you have to place the sandwich just right for the floating hinge to press the sandwich evenly. That's been a trial and error type thing.

I used two tortillas and noticed if everything wasn't even inside it doesn't cook well. We will have to swap recipes as we discover more things.

I have been frosted!

I definitely have to do healthier options. I tend to love anything with lots of cheese on it. I've also been using a spray olive oil that I found with at the store (like the cans of no stick spray... but it's meant for any kind of cooking).

Panini is the italian word for sandwiches. Hubby had a panino everyday for work. And we often do a piadina each for supper. They are usually just grilled on a normal grill. We bought just a small grill. We use it for everything meats, piadine, panini and the list goes on. Just letting you guys know cause it isn't necessary to pay extra cash for a specific grill or press as they like to call it. We got our grill at a place called Carrefour which is like Walmart for 10 euro. While I was home I took my mom to walmart to pick up a grill for panini and piadine and we got one there for $11 or $12. Works perfectly.

ETA: This is similar to the grill we got my mom at walmart but it was not george foreman it was some generic 'brandname'. I just can't remember what it is.
    Last edited by kittycats_delight; 03-30-2008 at 12:16 PM.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Oh, now you're talking!!!! I LOOOOOVE Panini!! I buy them whenever there's a sale. My favorite is steak and cheese.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

When I was growing up, my grandmother had a grill which had reversable plates; it was a waffle iron/grill. Loads of these were probably chucked out in the 70s and now have been reincarnated as "panini presses"!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I use mine as a grill

I have a manual one, if you will. It is oh so handy. I love cooking chicken breasts and burgers on it. The heavy top allows the meat to cook more quickly and it seems that the moisture stays in the meat much more so, than if you cook it to death for more minutes on a regular stove top/pan. You can cook veggies with it....it is endless. AND grilled cheese sandwiches are the best on my panini! Mine is an All-clad...teflon coated (ugh)...(we're all gonna die from teflon, I'm afraid.)....

Right now Lucy, the little black barn cat of mine, is putting her big furry head right on my right hand, as I type. She would crawl inside me if she could. Talk about a velcro kitty.

Back to the panini....I can't believe I waited as long as I did, to buy mine. I figured someone would make them less expensively eventually. I bet they are all about the same, but the prices vary somewhat. I guess I have had mine for about 3 years now.

I like mine because it is so easy to clean. Since it is not electric, I can submerge it completely in the soapy water. I find that my waffle maker begins to collect icky batter in the oddest of places. And since it is electric, I can't soak it etc..... then I get out a toothbrush......ugh. and start cleaning...