Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: alex

gotcha day

jayla sent me a black feather, she said it was yours. i miss you handsome prince, play hard
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

i smile, mostly, when i speak of you. eileen tells me she has dreamed of you; you're running fast and happy in fields with purple and golden flowers at the edge of the meadow, i never told a human about that day, that perfect fall day so long ago, did you have that day again as you slipped away? i took peanut for a walk today, she dances when i pick up the leash. you and duke don't need a leash. i miss you and how can it already be six months? love your humom
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

dog tag time

we renewed peanuts' dog tags on line, she has another franklin county dog tag on her collar, more bling for the spokesdog for the cat pack. your collar and leash hang by the side door, your tags are in the computer room , near you and duke. i cannot bear to check the box that says no longer have dog.
    maybe i'll get another set of tags, and lay them near you. i miss you alex

(((hugs))) I know how you feel, I hated having to check that box when Rosie, and then Sherman, were gone. Getting a new set of tags sounds like a great idea, just because!

Hugs.
    About a year or so after Shiloh died, I got a notice to renew her license. Needless to say, I was devastated.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

happy bark day handsome prince. the wheel of the year keeps turning and turning doesn't it. you are so loved and so missed

{{{{HUGS}}}} Joyce!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Looking back on the memory of
    The dance we shared beneath the stars above
    For a moment all the world was right
    How could I have known you'd ever say goodbye
    And now I'm glad I didn't know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I'd of had to miss the dance
    Holding you I held everything
    For a moment wasn't I the king
    But if I'd only known how the king would fall
    Hey who's to say you know I might have changed it all
    And now I'm glad I didn't know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I'd of had to miss the dance
    Yes my life is better left to chance
    I could have missed the pain but I'd of had to miss the dance
    you made me a better human by being a wonder dog. i would not have missed anything but the last two hours. i miss you

Thinking of you.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I don't think I ever saw this thread. Joyce, your comments about Alex bring peace into my heart, simply because of the love that is so apparent. Thank you for sharing your heart with us the way you have. I still miss my boy, Bruno, lost to the physical world in the summer of 2003. He made me smile constantly. Still does, although sometimes it is through tears.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

snow

i was looking out into the yard, and i knew you'd love this snow. just 2 weeks before you left we'd had a blizzard and you were a reverse dalmation, i loved the picture i posted of you on PT, chest deep in the center of the yard...you loved the snow, there must have been a northern breed in your family tree, anytime i was out shoveling, you were ready to go out with me. i miss you.

Aww, isn't it funny what little things remind us of the ones we have lost?

I am sure there are large snow fields up at the Rainbow Bridge, I bet a certain Saint Bernard is happily perched on a snowbank at this moment - maybe she's supervising Alex as he plays!
    I've Been Frosted