Thread: Bad Idea??

Hybrid View

guineapiggy Guest

Bad Idea??

Ok well we are moving to Town in like 18 days and I have my two Guinea pigs I realy like them and all but..well I dont think they are the right pet for me
    You see Squiggles (Female 7 month old) she is mean and nasty when you pet her she will all of a sudden try to bite you she is a mean piggy and well I am not sure how she turned out like this.Then there is Buddy (1 1/2 year old Male) Buddy is a nice well temperd piggy but he still has his moments and well he is very loud poops alot (All pigs do) and well I dont have the time for ethier of them I dont play with them often enough I dont realy want to spend a bunch of money on them both when I dont think they are a good kind of pet for me =/ I want them to have a nice fun life for the rest of there life and that I am afraid I cant provide for them since I am not a good Guinea pig owner so I think I shoudl sell them to a better owner who will give them the Attention they need dont you?

It does sound like they need a better home. I would contact a rescue group near you, because you have not spent enough time with them, they are going to need major socialization before they should be anyone's pets.
    I've Been Frosted

I agree with karen but at least you are being responsible. Most people would just keep them and neglect them. You are willing to make sure they stay in good care <3

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters
    Midnight, Ginny, Kiona, & Eevie-Cats

If you're not handling them much and fussing with them alot, that is why they have turned 'mean'. Guinea pigs have to basically be 'tamed' and need attention and handling to stay that way.

It's good that you know they'd be better off in someone else's home rather than just ignore them in the cages. I hope you find a good home for both of them.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

guineapiggy Guest
    Acctully I do spend time with them (Or I did) I would hold them and pet them when I fed them but Squiggles was kinda "Mean" and jumpy and everything when I got her I dident notice couse she was real scared and dident act mean or anything but when I setteled her in her new cage and everything she never liked being picked up but I would try to hold her everyday and she still acted Mean. I also think I am making the right choice by getting them new homes I hope I am doing the right thing I realy like them but dont have the right home for them.

Guinea pigs need to be handled from a young age to be properly tamed. I got my oldest one when he was 9 weeks old and it took a bit longer to tame him down. If you piggy was older when you got her and wasn't handled she may have not been tamed properly from the get go.

It's better to recognize that a pet is better suited to a different home and to find a proper owner for the pet than to just ignore and neglect the pet.

My mom always made me do alot of research and call vets to verify information so I could thouroughly (sp?) explain to her how I could properly take care of any pet I wanted. I've always stuck with that even now, and believe it's a very good idea for anyone thinking of getting a new pet.

I hope you find good homes for your piggy's with the right owners.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022