Thread: England

England

I have always wanted to go to England. I have beening reading English history for 30 years as a hobby. I lived in Germany and traveled to France and Switzerland many moons ago but never made it to the UK.
    Now finally I will be taking a holiday there. I leave on Mother's Day for 10 days. So excited to see all the places I have read about.
    I will be there on May 19th which would have been my mom's 82 birthday. Seventeen years ago she gave me a set of plates. I am going to try and buy myself new ones at Harrods on her birthday. England here I come.

How exciting!

Will you be traveling all around or staying mainly in London or . . . . ???

I have been a few times, as I have cousins there. I went once and took an 11 day Cosmos tour of England, Wales and Scotland. I spent time in London, staying at my cousin's for 10 days!

Have a great time!

How exiting! I hope you'll have a wonderful time - I'm sure you will!

If you're travelling around, don't miss The Cotswolds, and all along the Thames is beautiful! Also Lake District should be gorgeous - I haven't been there myself though.

Tell us what kind of things you want to see, and perhaps we can give you some good advice/links. See also the other thread about London.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Have a great time! If you are spending much time in London, I heartily recommend The London Pass, it'll save you money, you get to see tons of stuff, and it includes a Tube pass!
    I've Been Frosted