Thread: Someone tell my mommy she'll be okay.

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?

Someone tell my mommy she'll be okay.

Hi it's Smudge.

On Flyday mommy is taking da brat to da vet to get her hips xrayed and she's getting all fweaked out by it...mommy not Winter, Winter doesn't know yet and I's been told not to tells her so ims being a good boy and not sayings a word.

I dont knows why shes getting all upsets I wents to da vet last week and am fine...i get cheese twice a day for an infection or sumething like dat but I don't care 'cause I gets cheese. Mommy says Winters gonna haves to stay at da doctors doh and den shell go backs to gets her latters dat day...she tinks I'll mope but I wont's 'cause I'ms a big boys now after all I'ms three and three is much older den two's which was what I was last time Winters had to be lefts at vets.

But someones tells my mommy shell be okays okays? Maybe dat will make her feells betters.

luv
    Smudge
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

Now, now, Momma, worrying doesn't do anyone any good. You just snuggle the pupsters, and everyone will feel better. It's just for an x-ray and stuff, it'll be okay, don't you worry 'bout a thing.

And if you keep worryin' maybe somebuddy'll have ta be a naughty dog to distract you ...

Don't worry, everything will be alright!
    Just think, this gives you some alone time with Cricket & I'm sure he'll just "LOVE" that!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Good luck on the x-rays. Hope all will be ok.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Hopefully, all will be well. Please let us know how Winter is doing.

My boys said they hope you don't mind that the paws and tails being crossed for Winter belong to cats. We all hope everything checks out fine.

don't worry momma, you are getting smudge all upset.

Mommy, Winter will be a-okay.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Try not to worry, Mommy! Smudge, you make sure you give Winter lots of extra love and slurpy kisses after the visit to the white coats on Friday. And some for your Mommy too!! All paws here crossed for Winter!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    Thanks guys I needed that.

I'm just kind of freaking out with the what if's because I don't really know what happened to Winter before I got her other then the being chained up in the garage thing and that's the part that's freaking me out the most because I keep thinking what if something happened to her leg and it didn't heal right when she was younger or what if it turns out her hips really aren't okay, though I think they are...and if they are then she's gonna have some explaining to do with the fact that she won't jump

The only other thing that's freaking me out is that she's gonna start hating going to the vet because this will be the second of four vists since getting her that she has to be left behind, and I still don't know whether or not she has to be knocked out for it yet or not, my sister thinks she won't because all you have to do is look at her funny and she'll lie down and flip over but you never know this could be one of those times she decides not to be herself and decides to be more like Smudge and bite in fear or something like that...something she's never done since getting her. But I guess it is for the best after all I'd rather know now when I can still do something about it if there's anything wrong then later when I can't.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

Try not to worry. You're doing the best thing for Winter Try to make going to the vet a positive experience, looking and sounding upbeat, praise and reward, etc. She won't hold it against you for leaving her. If they need her to have her lay very still they will probably give her a mild sedative so they can move her and manipulate her leg. They did that for my Cody when she was being xrayed for hip dysplasia. But she'll be fine and so happy to see you when it's over!!! She sound's like a very sweet and gentle dog. So often these things are much harder on us "parents" than the patient!! We'll be sending you and your precious Winter tons of good vibes and support tomorrow! Love and hugs to you Winter from Sandra, Star and Cody! Check in when you can. How's your Dad????

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Winter may not hate going to the vets. If the vet and the techs make a big fuss over her and keep her visit upbeat, she might not hate going there. My Killian is a constant visitor to the vets office and he still has no problem going there. In fact, he loves his lady vet. Even if I have to leave him there (which is often), he goes willingly. Good luck to Winter and I hope the x-rays are fine!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

I bet she'll hold still! I know when we had an ultrasound done on Angus, they had to move him all kinds of ways...even roll him back & forth and he was extremly good for them. I thought since we were in the room he might not be as good, but he was. And I'm sure since Winter didn't have you there, she was a good girl, that way the vet could tell you just how good she was & she could get some extra special treats when she got home!!!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Any word yet on Winter???

I sure hope that Winter's vet visit goes well. All fingers and paws are crossed here. Please give us an update.