Thread: First day of spring? Ya...right.

First day of spring? Ya...right.

I could have sworn today was the first day of spring, however, about an hour ago it was snowing. Is it just me or is winter getting longer every year?

A few days ago it was snowing in Albequerque, NM. And yes, I know I'm probably spelling the city name wrong.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

We had the nicest weather today than we've had in a week! Near 70's, nice sunshine, it has been raining and cold all week so I was pretty happy

facebook

We had freezing rain all day

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

We're expecting a white Easter here in NE Ohio. Might as well, we didn't have a white Christmas.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

We ran the gamut as usual. It pounded rain for two days straight and, while I was loading groceries into my car, I got drenched. By the time I got home, it was hailing, then it turned to snow and we got two inches. I think I saw some black locusts in there somewhere, too.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Well my hopes of waking up to snow covered streets didn't happen.

It actually snowed here on Christmas, but none of it stuck because it was too wet.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Yeah right...it's -10C out here. At least it's nice and sunny. For us Spring usually shows itself around the end of May, although it's been known to snow at that time too.

Wow, I must have it lucky then, hehe. It's 60*F and cloudy here, but still nice nontheless - it isn't raining! Supposed to get colder later this weekend though.

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy
    We're expecting a white Easter here in NE Ohio. Might as well, we didn't have a white Christmas.
    Ditto. We had a little White Christmas here in Cleveland, though.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika
    Wow, I must have it lucky then, hehe. It's 60*F and cloudy here, but still nice nontheless - it isn't raining! Supposed to get colder later this weekend though.
    Please send some of your sunshine this way! It's been raining forever. Ok, well it hasn't rained today but it is super freezing outside! I'm ready to hit the river and ocean, hiking trails and hot springs, but sit inside playing rainy day games.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major