Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pet Photography

Pet Photography

Anyone know where you can get professional photos of your pets? And the price?

I was thinking of taking some photography course.. I so enjoy taking pictures

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    I know in Canada Petcetra has little photo areas set up in each store with backgrounds and such I keep meaning to get pics done but I keep forgetting other then that the only other ones that I've seen are at shows or trails.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

We had ours done at the groomers we go to. They set it up 2x's a year, and have professionals done like we had. Maybe someone in your area does the same.
    Here they are in case any newbies haven't seen them. I just think they are awesome!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

There is a place in Michigan called Woof Studios. They travel to different Pet Supplies Plus stores and other locations in the area as well as in neighboring states.

I had Kia's pictures done while visiting Mugsy in Ft. Wayne.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I had our girl's done at MotoPhoto. They started out, mostly as akiosk that did 1 hour developing and that is still there main business but they also have a small studio. I payed a $10 sitting fee that went to the humane society for a local pet picture contest at Pet Supplies Plus. For the $10 we got 1 5x7 and entered in the contest. Course I spent more to get more I think it was $15/sheet (1 8x10, 2 5x7, 3 4x6 etc)

Here are the pics:

I love those professional photos! See I need some of those! I think I have some great digital pics of them, but not as many good ones on real film. And I think I really need little pics to put in my wallet lol.

Problem is, none of those places you mention are around here (that I know of). Of course there are groomers, but I've never seen pet photos advertised. It says on the net that my Petco has a photo studio......WHERE?? lol. Will only pet places do it or do you think some of the other photo places for people would take pet pics?

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    In our malls there are these little photo shops where they make kiddie pictures. You can also get your dog done by them if you ask them.

Can't you just call around at the photo shops and see what they offer? Or post a note on a pet store black board and see if someone helps you out. There are many freelance photographers that come to your home with their cameras and stuff and make the most beautiful pictures in your backyard or wherever you want it. And your pet will be relaxed since he's at home.

I don't know about there, but our malls and other places that take pictures around here won't allow dogs (I called around and everyone said no, how rude! My dogs are more well behaved than most kids!)
    Anyway, I don know you can take them to professional photographer, but when we did that, with Keisha (about 10 yrs ago) it costed us a couple hundred $$$$! The prices of pictures is crazy!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

That's so ridiculous! Here all dogs are allowed in malls (and I'm happy about that) and department stores. Guess it's a big difference between Europe and America.

The Pennsylvania Air search Rescue group just had professional photos of the team taken for a calendar fundraiser. Here is the link to the photographer. It includes his prices.

This is the link to his site and the portrait he did of Dixie's brother Blaze. For those of you who love red Goldens, it is a wonderful picture of a true Red Dawg Golden!

Dixie as Dog of the Day on August 1st was taken by a professional at an obedience show when she was two. She charged me $25.00 for 5 shots. Click here to check it out.

That's definately one of the most beautiful pictures of a Golden that I've ever seen, Candy! Gosh, amazing!

Bridgette, Andrew and I are hoping we get stationed in Germany. That is one of our options for a duty station.

I travelled in Europe alot before I got married and I miss it. There are more pet friendly places there than there are here.

I got mine done at PetSmart. A few times a year a photographer comes in and the pictures are quite reasonable.
    Tanya, Hans, Fritz & Sparky

Most professional photographers take pictures of pets aswell. Around here they do anyway. But they are more expencive then a "pet Photographer".

Gee I should move to the states and become a pet photographer, there isn't a demand for pet photographers here. I don't think there is one Pet only photographer in my town.
    ~~ My House Is Not A Home Without A Hound ~~