Thread: Politics and religion.

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    Actually you can be poor and fat. The poor people of the country can't afford the healthy food. They eat lots of things like macarroni that sells for a dollar a box at Walmart or Dollar General Stores.

There are people who are truly poor in the US. Just find a few homeless people getting meals out of trash cans and ask them.

I am living 130% below the poverty level in our country. Now I know I'm tons better off than people eating dirt in third world countries. But I would be homeless too if my brother hadn't bought the house I now live in. My car died 4 years ago. It would cost too much to fix it and I have no money for a different one. I take the senior bus which only runs 3 days a week. That is my sole means of transportation. Try dragging groceries home on that sometime when your joints hurt so much you can hardly move.

I wouldn't have a computer either if my brother hadn't bought mine for me. He is such a blessing to me. I thank God for him every day by the way.

Congress is now trying to push a bill through that is full of Billions of dollars of ear marks but they can't give people on disability a tiny cost of living raise. Ok, I get it. They want me to hurry up and die and get out of their way. I don't plan on doing that any time soon though. I grew up raised by parents who lived through the depression. I know 101 ways to fix noodles.
    I am sorry to hear that you have such a tough situation. It truly breaks my heart to read this. If only the 'system' could be made to help the people who REALLY need it.

Do you go to a church? I ask because our's has a system of volunteers who spend time transporting our elderly who cannot do so for themselves.

As for the Omnibus bill.... Well, it shows you where their heart really is I guess.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    I am sorry to hear that you have such a tough situation. It truly breaks my heart to read this. If only the 'system' could be made to help the people who REALLY need it.

Do you go to a church? I ask because our's has a system of volunteers who spend time transporting our elderly who cannot do so for themselves.

As for the Omnibus bill.... Well, it shows you where their heart really is I guess.
    I don't go to church any more. I can't stand to sit on those hard pews. I stiffen up and can't walk if I do. I don't even know anyone who goes any more.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~