Page 28 of 257 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Now McCain picks a woman to woo the Hillary women (aka The Sisterhood of Traveling Pantsuits.)
    I don't care how many people he waves in front of me wearing skirts (or pant suits either for that matter), I won't vote on any one just because of their gender!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides, she's the cookie who is suing the Fed Government over the polar bears. Isn't that a conflict of interest? She running for a Fed Government job now, eh?

AND he keeps squawking about Obama having no experience to be President. At least OB is a Senator not just a first time Governor. There is a very good chance she will end up as President before McCain's term is out just due to his age.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

I like men with a little meat on them.
    Is that a Monica Lewinsky joke?

Palin hunts, fishes and did a stint with Monty Python, Perfect!

LOL, I wonder who she'll take out bird hunting.

Pam,

On Wednesday, I started to listen to the voting and when the states were 'role called' the speaker for the delegates were so over the top with their spiels I tuned out. "I represent the great state of Confusion, Home to indecision, breakdowns and lethargy. Confusion is the birthplace of antidepressants, Uppers and four o'clock martinis! We also grow green pitted olives!"

Please, vote and let's move on.

BO talks a great game.

As PS31 and I have said before-He's 'on his feet' thinking irks me. The teleprompter is his friend and I cannot listen to someone with so much education umm and ahh his was thru a speech. He sounds like a suspect on COPS being asked about a crime......."So, why did you run?" "Umm, I was afraid!" "Afraid of what?" "That you were ummmmm chasing me!"

Spectacles are good, like the half time shows at a football game, the opening ceremonies at the Olympics, or a good 4th of July fireworks show.

I'd love to see a good off-the-cuff speech in a corn field with no teleprompter-Oh, I do want to see porta potties for the crowd.

--------------

Break it down like this.

340 million people in the US.

How many are women, how many can vote? Howl are Republicans?
    How many will vote. And how many will vote for a woman?

There are some disenfranchised women voters who would vote "WOMAN' no matter which party had a woman on the ticket.

BO has an aide that used to be a football player. I cannot remember his name.
    during the interview he did for a TV show he stated that he got into politics and the onto the BO team because he wanted to work, "for a guy that looked like him." Hmmmm, I wonder what he meant by that?

The BO run has been fraught with innuendo about race-but when a black guy hints about it there's no comment. Try that with McCain- I want to work with him because he's white! I want to volunteer for Palin because she has a va-jay-jay! I want to volunteer for Biden because he looks like that creepy, no talent Bill Maher! And I saw that Rev. Al had to come out -now that the coast was clear and try to inject his brand of stupidity on what was a milestone in American politics.

MORON.

---------------

Ack, I just saw a movie about a woman who the president appoints to replace the VP who is dies. I cannot remember the name of it....it was good.

I had to pick the Arianna/Bill Maher picture. IT cements the thought about her choice in men. Always a loser.

Everyone knows about my aversion to politicians with parts in their hair......I hereby add to that list, 'old guys with receding hairlines".

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

I had to pick the Arianna/Bill Maher picture. IT cements the thought about her choice in men. Always a loser.

Everyone knows about my aversion to politicians with parts in their hair......I hereby add to that list, 'old guys with receding hairlines".
    Richard, I wouldn't want you to have to identify anyone in a line-up!

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Richard, I wouldn't want you to have to identify anyone in a line-up!
    LOL,
    Stay out of trouble-that's all I have to say!

----------------

I am going to toe the line here and say something about the press and the stupid AHs that will bug SP about her run.

Wait for the questions!

If we asked Bill Clinton about "boxers or briefs" what will this poor gal have to put up with?

Thongs or Granny panties, padded or underwire?, Then toss in the real deal stuff-abortion, child abuse and ??????

We will see how rude and disrespectful people will be towards this gal.

I don't watch Jay, Dave or any of the other late night shows.......this should be interesting.

6. Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Is that a Monica Lewinsky joke?

Palin hunts, fishes and did a stint with Monty Python, Perfect!

LOL, I wonder who she'll take out bird hunting.

Pam,

On Wednesday, I started to listen to the voting and when the states were 'role called' the speaker for the delegates were so over the top with their spiels I tuned out. "I represent the great state of Confusion, Home to indecision, breakdowns and lethargy. Confusion is the birthplace of antidepressants, Uppers and four o'clock martinis! We also grow green pitted olives!"

Please, vote and let's move on.

BO talks a great game.

As PS31 and I have said before-He's 'on his feet' thinking irks me. The teleprompter is his friend and I cannot listen to someone with so much education umm and ahh his was thru a speech. He sounds like a suspect on COPS being asked about a crime......."So, why did you run?" "Umm, I was afraid!" "Afraid of what?" "That you were ummmmm chasing me!"

Spectacles are good, like the half time shows at a football game, the opening ceremonies at the Olympics, or a good 4th of July fireworks show.

I'd love to see a good off-the-cuff speech in a corn field with no teleprompter-Oh, I do want to see porta potties for the crowd.

--------------

Break it down like this.

340 million people in the US.

How many are women, how many can vote? Howl are Republicans?
    How many will vote. And how many will vote for a woman?

There are some disenfranchised women voters who would vote "WOMAN' no matter which party had a woman on the ticket.

BO has an aide that used to be a football player. I cannot remember his name.
    during the interview he did for a TV show he stated that he got into politics and the onto the BO team because he wanted to work, "for a guy that looked like him." Hmmmm, I wonder what he meant by that?

The BO run has been fraught with innuendo about race-but when a black guy hints about it there's no comment. Try that with McCain- I want to work with him because he's white! I want to volunteer for Palin because she has a va-jay-jay! I want to volunteer for Biden because he looks like that creepy, no talent Bill Maher! And I saw that Rev. Al had to come out -now that the coast was clear and try to inject his brand of stupidity on what was a milestone in American politics.

MORON.

---------------

Ack, I just saw a movie about a woman who the president appoints to replace the VP who is dies. I cannot remember the name of it....it was good.

At least I can say one thing for you RICHARD....can't understand what you are trying to say...but you do close with "truth in advertising!"

At least I can say one thing for you RICHARD....can't understand what you are trying to say...but you do close with "truth in advertising!"
    Are you missing the sarcasm gene?

You sound like a politician, You only make one point and you repeat it time and time again.

My posts do not come with a translation-I feel that it's catering to a select few.

-----------------

Here, let me make a comment that you can yell and scream about.....It's so politically incorrect that I had a good chuckle about it.

Sarah Palin is a hottie. She's good looking in that Woman-instructor/teacher way. The gal that you'd day dream about in class......What does she look like with her hair down? Why the jackets all the time? Thongs or bikinis?

Read it slowly and with some gusto.....

8. Sorry RICHARD...doesn't bother me that you can identify a good looking woamn. I agree with you she is attractive. If she was homely, McCain would not have picked her. But then there are not many homely politicians. In our media age -- looks matter.

I once worked with a guy who was very proud he knew latin and ancient greek. So he would create new words and use them in memos. He thought this very clever and that he was smarter than everyone else.

I could never understand. If others cannot understand what you are saying...what's the point?

You sound like a politician, You only make one point and you repeat it time and time again.
    Do you mean like someone saying... XIO is an empty suit...over and over again?

Love your new signature....

I guess you missed MY sarcasm? What gene are you missing?

What gene are you missing?
    Gene Tunney.

BTW, it's all greek to me.

Latin? I went to Catholic school in the days when masses were done in latin, so I cannot feign stupidity. I'll let someone else do it for me.

Please do me a favor and put me on your ignore list. IT seems like you are the only one who cannot understand what I post....I don't seem to remember anyone else commenting about the content.

----------

Let me cut straight to the chase.

"I don't understand what you wrote' is a never ending complaint you have about what I post. Hmmmm, It's like someone sticking their head into the toilet bowl and flushing it. I have no control over what people do. I only pray that they figure out that it does no good and hope that if they continue to do so, they make sure the bowl water is relatively clean.

I skip over the stuff I don't want to waste my time with and do not complain about the words or opinions in a post......I can live with people that way.

So again, I invite you to ignore what I post. I'd feel rather badly if your ganglia or synapes should explode.

10. Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    So again, I invite you to ignore what I post. I'd feel rather badly if your ganglia or synapes should explode.
    Nope. My ganglia are just fine.

Too many people are willing to just shut up while others spin "stuff".

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    Brilliant move by McBush. Just simply brilliant.

I cannot wait to watch the VP debate. Sarah Palin is going to mop the floor with Biden.

Whoa there bub, in your dreams. Biden has the Irish gift of gab and
    can speak to any group & connect very personally. He doesn't have the
    flourish that Obama has, but he can hold his own with anybody.

Oh, and having a person (woman or man) who is a total unknown be a
    heartbeat away is downright scary. The only thing I know about her so
    far is she endorses drilling in Federally Protected Wildlife areas in Alaska.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post

She also goes moose hunting! And is a member of the NRA, Now you know something else about her. I really hate killing animals for sport.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    She also goes moose hunting! And is a member of the NRA, Now you know something else about her. I really hate killing animals for sport.

Well, she's under investigation in her own state for using her clout to get
    her State Trooper BIL fired from his job. She's to be deposed soon in the
    court case. Wonder what else comes out about McCains pick?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/...ef=mpstoryview
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Well, she's under investigation in her own state for using her clout to get
    her State Trooper BIL fired from his job. She's to be deposed soon in the
    court case. Wonder what else comes out about McCains pick?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/...ef=mpstoryview
    Hmmm,
    They were doing an "ethical cleansing" of the department. Did we ever consider that some stupid cop may be using their pull and office to intimidate their spouse/ex-spouse? Is that permitted on a police force? Or do we wait until a sworn police officer busts a cap into his or her ex and kills the kids?
    I am way past the not guilty until proven point. Let's see exactly why he got fired and then we can talk about this?

We don't know the facts and I have to wait the 7-10 days before I pass judgement on a story like this one.

-------------

Can Biden's wife even ride a snow machine to a world championship?

Could Biden even shoot a gun? Eat a moose? Do a sports report? play basketball? Win a beauty contest? Pop out 5 kids? Look hot with his hair up or down?

NO, no and no.

I wonder how SP would look in a camo hunting outfit?

Yummy!

Biden... We will see. I very much look forward to it. It really can go either way.

I LOVE the idea of a regular person, not yet destroyed by the Washington DC insanity being that heartbeat away. You wanna talk about CHANGE? I think you put too much faith in the 'experience' of our 'leaders'.

As for drilling in the ANWR. have you seen pics of where they want to drill? On the extreme North Slope? On ONLY about 1000 acres? It is barren nothingness. IIRC, the ANWR is about 1.5 million acres. Drilling there will disturb about 1000. The technology is available to drill SIDEWAYS.

Believe me, I am a lifelong hunter/fisher/sportsman. My memberships in the NRA and National Wild Turkey Federation have and always will do WAY more for preserving and renewing habitat than the sierra club could dream of. I CARE about our environment and habitually contribute to its defence. Not with words, but with my time and money. The government will never do anything REAL to help.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War