Quote Originally Posted by Miss Z View Post
Oh gosh, no, that was never my intention! I'm a firm believer in not tarring everything with the same brush. Personally, I love the way things are run in America, in general. Every branch of politics is far from perfect, British politics being very, very far indeed. I suppose we are just a more tightly-run country and we let too much compassion override our politics (the release of the Libyan Lockerbie criminal a prime example), so the idea of people walking around with guns just does not seem right to me.

I stick by that idea; that guns should be kept out of the hands of everyday people; but it's not my country and I accept that. I merely like to be involved in threads like these for my education on such issues.
The UK has alot more controll over its citizens then the USA .gov has. I wont ever go the Las Vegas because it has more cameras then London, I would be willing to go to London however. The UK used to be a very firearm oriented place, its been legeslated out to the point where ordinary citizens are fearfull of even seeing a cop with a firearm, my opinion on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Z
I found this comment interesting as the answer is you're right, at least as far as knives go; it is an offense to carry such blades around with you, other than pocket knives. You cannot buy a knife, razor, axe, etc, until you are 18. However, this law doesn't seem to be being enforced enough, as young, stupid people are still getting hold of them and are roaming around, unchecked, in public.

We're having a tough time with knife-crime in the London area. I support 100% the stricter legislations on knife carrying that are being brought up in Parliamentary debate. Too many lives are wasted by idiots getting hammered out of their heads and stabbing to death the next person they meet in the street.
Crime goes up when the means to defend yourself are taken away. The criminals dont care what weapons they cant legally have, making law abiding citizens victims.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
Speaking of people you might not want to live next door to...

From yesterday's Orange County Register...

An Anaheim woman shot her longtime neighbor in his shoulder after he politely asked her to stop trimming ivy from his side of a shared fence.

Anita Judith Spriggs, 66, then stuffed her gun in an oven mitt, cut a hole in the drywall of a bedroom and tried to hide the package as police surrounded her house....

She is charged with attempted murder and assault with a semiautomatic firearm.
Ild say she had a mental issue, Ild love to see how she bought the firearm in the first place. If she has a previous history somebody is going to share a cell along side her.

Late in 2004 a man shot and killed Darrell Abbott of Pantera and Damage Plan by a man whoes mom bought him a firearm, it was illegal for her son to own a firearm for mental reasons. To my knowledge the mother was never charged with a crime she admitted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
A t-shirt of course!

President Bush's speech at the state capitol in Charleston, W.Va., on Independence Day in 2004, invoked the nation's highest ideals: "On this Fourth of July, we confirm our love of freedom, the freedom for people to speak their minds. ... Free thought, free expression, that's what we believe," Bush told the crowd.

Ringing words. Unfortunately, the White House advance team didn't get the memo. Or the message.

More than an hour earlier, the advance officials, working with local police, had confronted and ejected a young couple who had come to the speech wearing T-shirts that fit any reasonable definition of free expression. The front of both shirts bore the name "Bush" surrounded by a circle with a slash through it; the back of Jeffery Rank's shirt carried the slogan "Regime Change Begins at Home" and Nicole Rank's shirt read, "Love America, Hate Bush."

The Ranks refused demands to take the shirts off, turn them inside out or leave. Though they were on public property and not being disruptive, they were handcuffed, arrested and charged with trespass. The charges were later dropped, and with the help of the American Civil Liberties Union, the Ranks sued the White House advance personnel for violating their First Amendment rights.

Last week, the government settled the case, admitting no wrongdoing but agreeing to pay the Ranks $80,000. That avoidable expenditure of taxpayer dollars speaks volumes about who was wrong here.

Article

Perhaps if they had been disruptive they would not have been arrested!
The Ranks were trying to attend a private event, what about the man arrested for wearing a McCain/Palin tshirt the night of the Presidential election?

-------------------

How about MSNC editing the coverage of the man carrying the AR 15 at the Arizona Obama rally? How else are they going to say the protesters are racist?

Link.